Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> any Lowrance experts?

Reply New post
Message Subject: any Lowrance experts?
BNelson
Posted 11/27/2017 3:39 PM (#885230)
Subject: any Lowrance experts?

Ok looking for some help. I have two HDS 12 gen 3s.. same exact units. 1 from a year ago keeps wayyyy more trails before over writing... my new one, I just got from Lowrance seemingly keeps about 2 or 3 miles and then, poof, it starts overwriting... last years unit keeps like 50 miles or so it seems. Is there a setting I can find to get the new one to keep more trails before over writing? I've looked at the settings and so far both seem to have the exact same settings in the trails menu...
horsehunter
Posted 11/27/2017 6:13 PM (#885246 - in reply to #885230)
Subject: Re: any Lowrance experts?

I think there is a setting where you can set the maximum points per trail and also the frequency in which the points are laid down. My units are Gen 2 but I would think they would be similar
Fishysam
Posted 11/27/2017 6:15 PM (#885248 - in reply to #885230)

Yes, waypoint/track point interval. Also unless you have a lot of stuff customized I would say to reset it to factory. My unit improved after that on every aspect. But waypoints can be limited by distance and or time, look on the good unit to see what it's set at then copy it to the other. You may need to start a new track to get it working correctly
horsehunter
Posted 11/27/2017 6:35 PM (#885252 - in reply to #885248)

I just turned on the unit I use for my charts ( i have a 12 volt power supply in my den ). If you go to your trails and hilite a trail and bring up settings it will show what logging type you are set at time or distance and what the interval is set at . Mine is 3 seconds and I have never overwritten a trail . I have 17 saved trails but only show the current days trail . I start a new trail and change colour every trip. Now that I have it out I may as well make them all visible and take a screen shot before I delete them all

Edited by horsehunter 11/27/2017 6:48 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)