Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Niagara River

Message Subject: Niagara River
Spennyfish
Posted 9/27/2017 8:31 AM (#879404)
Subject: Niagara River

Hey guys, I know there isn''t too much talk about the Niagara but if anyone as any tips on effective musky fishing patterns and techniques in the Niagara i would love to hear the insight. I heard the buffalo harbor used to be an amazing musky fishery in the 90's but it seemed to die off. I go to school very close to the river and would really love to start musky fishing it hard. Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Spennyfish
seanitolee
Posted 10/6/2017 12:26 PM (#880433 - in reply to #879404)
Subject: RE: Niagara River

Spennyfish,
There's a couple different techniques to target them. Night-time Trolling the upper river, Jigging Tubes in the river, Trolling the harbor in fall, Casting weeds in spring, etc.
I've found that this area allows you to use almost every technique; how effective it will be is usually determined by time of year and water temp.
For the river, if you aren't using tubes, you're missing out on the how 60% or more of the fish are caught.
Harbor is bigger fish in fall, but usually lower numbers. River is the reverse of that.
the Niagara Musky Association, or NMA is the local group who will dispense any and all information that you need. Look them up, pay the $20 to join and access their website. Lots of helpful guys, plus access to leaders, supplies, beckman nets, etc.
Really worth looking up. If you join and I see you post, I'd even take you out on the water one of these days.
Spennyfish
Posted 10/9/2017 10:02 AM (#880657 - in reply to #879404)
Subject: Re: Niagara River

seanitolee,
The info is much appreciated. Will look into joining that group.
Thank you
jrmlara
Posted 10/13/2017 12:30 AM (#881155 - in reply to #879404)
Subject: Re: Niagara River

Give us an update about how it'll turn out for you. Good luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)