Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Weather affecting strategy for October on Eagle?

Message Subject: Weather affecting strategy for October on Eagle?
Natureboy
Posted 9/24/2017 11:00 AM (#879091)
Subject: Weather affecting strategy for October on Eagle?

We are heading up to Eagle next week for our annual trip, but the weather has me wondering if our lure selection and normal spots should change. It has been in the high 70's pretty consistently, but mid week a pretty big cold front with a lot of rain is coming in. The weather for our week looks consistent in the high 40's and low 50's. We would usually be out there banging rocks, fishing secondary structure, but should we be paying more attention to the cabbage beds in shallower water? I'm assuming the warm weather has made the weeds more viable than usual for this time of year. Any insight on a good game plan?
14ledo81
Posted 9/24/2017 3:22 PM (#879121 - in reply to #879091)
Subject: Re: Weather affecting strategy for October on Eagle?

I was up a couple of weeks ago. We did move fish in the weeds, but fished all rocks the last day. That day we moved 6 fish total and boated 3.

Also of interest. I was fishing with a large group of guys. One of them was using a jigging rap in 45' of water and catching walleyes. He had a 47" hit the rap and was able to boat it.

Edited by 14ledo81 9/24/2017 3:24 PM
Natureboy
Posted 9/24/2017 5:16 PM (#879139 - in reply to #879091)

That's good to hear. We don't need a shot to our confidence, especially on proven spots. It's never an easy week, but always potential for huge reward!
wooglin
Posted 9/25/2017 9:12 AM (#879199 - in reply to #879091)

Was there a few weeks back, weedy bays were all browning out, I'm not sure what will be left by the time you get up there. We did pull some out of what was left of the weeds, and when the cold fronts moved through, we had better luck trolling rock structure. I'm guessing you'll be pounding rock structure when you're up there next month, I doubt there'll be many weeds left.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)