Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Question for anyone who has fished during the spawn- please respond!

Message Subject: Question for anyone who has fished during the spawn- please respond!
Duke
Posted 8/23/2017 5:38 PM (#875330)
Subject: Question for anyone who has fished during the spawn- please respond!

what % of fish you've ever seen caught during spawning temperatures were spilling eggs?

I know it can happen, but I personally have never seen it out of several hundred fish caught during the time/temperature when some fish were spawning, or could have been. THANKS!
IAJustin
Posted 8/23/2017 9:42 PM (#875350 - in reply to #875330)
Subject: Re: Question for anyone who has fished during the spawn- please respond!

Of the females during spawn.. most of them dump eggs when you pick them up.. that being said when they are truly spawning/ dumping eggs fishing is generally not good and 95% of what you'll catch is males...caught hundreds of those too ..funny none of them seam to dump eggs

Edited by IAJustin 8/23/2017 9:43 PM
ToddM
Posted 8/24/2017 7:17 AM (#875365 - in reply to #875330)
Subject: Re: Question for anyone who has fished during the spawn- please respond!

I have only caught males during and just after the spawn. Seeing their condition, i think they want to get caught!
Duke
Posted 8/25/2017 5:43 AM (#875447 - in reply to #875350)

IAJustin - 8/23/2017 9:42 PM

Of the females during spawn.. most of them dump eggs when you pick them up.. that being said when they are truly spawning/ dumping eggs fishing is generally not good and 95% of what you'll catch is males...caught hundreds of those too ..funny none of them seam to dump eggs

I got the male/female thing figured out thanks!

...The question is, how often are you catching ripe females?? You are saying 5% of your catches during spawn? That is higher than my experience. Thanks for your input!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)