Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> LOTW bass fishing , top 5 lures

Message Subject: LOTW bass fishing , top 5 lures
Cosmoz 08
Posted 8/22/2017 1:13 AM (#875148)
Subject: LOTW bass fishing , top 5 lures

Sorry that i go offtopic here .
Im doing my first muskie trip in 3 weeks to Canada and LOTW for muskie fishing , i will also try some bass fishing .

I will bring my pearch rod and a small box with baits .
I have no experience of bass fishing , hope you can help with some tips on what lures i must have TOP 5 .
IAJustin
Posted 8/22/2017 1:48 PM (#875196 - in reply to #875148)
Subject: Re: LOTW bass fishing , top 5 lures

Mid - September you probably find the smallies 10'-25' deep on the rock reefs, all you'll need is some 4" tube jigs (blacks, browns, pumpkinseed for colors) ...having a few deep diving cranks and 3/4 oz spinnerbaits for a search tool wouldn't hurt, but smallies love tube jigs up there, good luck!
jhillman17
Posted 8/23/2017 1:57 PM (#875312 - in reply to #875148)
Subject: Re: LOTW bass fishing , top 5 lures

yeah, i've probably caught more smallies walleye fishing than smallie fishing. But i've caught them on spinner baits, small #3/#4 blue fox vibrax, jigs/twisters, and crankbaits. I've never had much luck with topwater for them, but that is probably due to time of year. If you go the jig route, bring extras as the rocks like to eat them too!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)