Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Rules of Manhood #9: It is permissible to drink a fruity alcohol drink only when you're sunning on a tropical beach... and it's delivered by a topless supermodel ... and it's free.
- (Added by: Snowcrest 6)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> New to building cranks- Couple of questions?

Message Subject: New to building cranks- Couple of questions?
Slumpbuster
Posted 7/23/2017 8:59 AM (#871183)
Subject: New to building cranks- Couple of questions?

Looking to build my first crankbaits. I want to make some deep divers that can really get down in the water column while being trolled slowly. I typically row troll. I have a couple design ideas and a basic idea of how to build the lures. Looking to do a complete thru wire construction. My biggest question is what type of wood should I be using? I definitely want something that floats/rises when paused. Was also wondering if anyone had any good links to videos or tutorials on Crank bait making? Or thru wire construction? I know there are some on this board that truly do some amazing work and I am completely open to any suggestions on how to get started. The idea of catching fish on lures of my own creation is really appealing! Thanks!
Gringo Loco
Posted 7/23/2017 11:06 AM (#871195 - in reply to #871183)
Subject: RE: New to building cranks- Couple of questions?

Red cedar or basswood should work for you. Cedar is probably better but you should be careful about sanding because the dust can cause allergy problems.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)