Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Weekend Reports

Message Subject: Weekend Reports
MNSteveH
Posted 8/4/2017 10:56 PM (#873112 - in reply to #871295)
Subject: RE: Weekend Reports

I too am struggling on WBL but I always seem to struggle there in midsummer. There's still gotta be plenty of fish in there - Sept-Oct-Nov is always better. I wonder if the clearer water and lack of milfoil has moved them - I've been catching bass in 25+' so I'm thinking everything is just deeper this year.
bbradley1
Posted 8/6/2017 9:30 AM (#873224 - in reply to #873112)
Subject: RE: Weekend Reports

MNSteveH - 8/4/2017 10:56 PM

I too am struggling on WBL but I always seem to struggle there in midsummer. There's still gotta be plenty of fish in there - Sept-Oct-Nov is always better. I wonder if the clearer water and lack of milfoil has moved them - I've been catching bass in 25+' so I'm thinking everything is just deeper this year.

I have been preaching this all year. Something has changed out there this year. Last year at this same time I boated around 15 muskies. I have not caught one out there yet this year and I have fished around the same amount of hours. I've tried throwing everything at them and at different depth ranges. I bet I have only seen 15 muskies out there this whole year. My believe is that a lot of the older muskies in that lake are starting to dye of and the lack of stocking is really hurting the lake. And the amount of boat traffic out there is insane. By far the busiest lake in the state right now for its size.
mnmusky
Posted 8/6/2017 9:40 AM (#873226 - in reply to #873224)
Subject: Re: Weekend Reports

Indy is bad this year as well. Seeing/catching FAR fewer muskies particularly this year but a steady decline over the last 5. pike are there now in numbers it seems. they are short and fat ones too.
Musky_Mo16
Posted 8/6/2017 10:57 AM (#873230 - in reply to #873226)

mnmusky - 8/6/2017 9:40 AM

Indy is bad this year as well. Seeing/catching FAR fewer muskies particularly this year but a steady decline over the last 5. pike are there now in numbers it seems. they are short and fat ones too.

Sound like some good eater pike to me
pistolpete314
Posted 8/6/2017 7:56 PM (#873271 - in reply to #873226)

mnmusky - 8/6/2017 9:40 AM

Yeah there is something wrong with that lake. Not seeing or catching nearly as many fish there as previous few years. Tried Tonka today and did not see squat either, thought it might be good with the weather.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)