Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> TN Waters

Message Subject: TN Waters
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 8/14/2017 6:04 PM (#874288)
Subject: TN Waters

I'm considering a trip to Melton Hill and then checking out Douglas Lake in Eastern TN this fall. I will hire a guide for Melton for sure. Does anyone have any info on Douglas Lake? I found some on the Nolichuky River, which feeds into Douglas, but other info is sparse so far.

Thanks
twelts
Posted 8/23/2017 5:54 AM (#875266 - in reply to #874288)
Subject: RE: TN Waters

Billy Davis is a good guide>do a search for Meltonhillbill, great guy and guide. Also on facebook Mostly big stripers but he knows the muskies also, you wont be disappointed. Always guide for stripers,. Has done a few TV shows with Crash and Joe Thomas. Might know something about Douglas?

Edited by twelts 8/23/2017 5:59 AM
darbogast90
Posted 8/23/2017 6:21 AM (#875268 - in reply to #875266)
Subject: Re: TN Waters

Cory Allen would be my suggestion on Melton Hill. Tennessee Valley Musky Authority.
dougj
Posted 8/23/2017 9:55 AM (#875292 - in reply to #874288)

I don't think there's a fishable muskie population in Douglas, Here's some general info on the lake.

http://www.tnfish.org/ReservoirLakeInformation_TWRA/TWRA_DouglasRes...

The other good muskie fishery in Tennessee is the Great Falls Reservoir and the Collins River a little south of Cookeville, Tn

Good luck, Melton Hill is a very nice lake, with a decent population.
true tiger tamer
Posted 8/23/2017 12:52 PM (#875304 - in reply to #874288)

Good to see you are still posting sometimes Doug. Are you still chasing the muskies up on Lake of the Woods and or Melton Hill? I really enjoyed visiting you at the Minnesota Muskie Expo a couple years ago when I showed you the picture of the black tiger muskie I caught. I'm still muskie fishing, but not as much as I was diagnosed with bone cancer in September of 2015. Hope all is well with you and your wife. Danny Kurttila
twelts
Posted 8/23/2017 1:55 PM (#875311 - in reply to #875304)

Corey Allen is also very good, talked with him in January and he said he wasn't going to do much guiding. Hopefully he changed his mind
dougj
Posted 8/23/2017 7:11 PM (#875338 - in reply to #875304)

Danny: Sorry to hear you are having some medical problems!

Yes, still trying, mostly on the LOTWs. Not as much as I used to (I'm now 78), but still almost every nice day. Even catch one now and then.

Wish we where back on Melton Hill and chasing them. Lots of fun!

Good luck with your heath and the muskies!

Doug
miket55
Posted 8/24/2017 5:26 PM (#875419 - in reply to #874288)

ARmuskyaddict - 8/14/2017 7:04 PM

I'm considering a trip to Melton Hill and then checking out Douglas Lake in Eastern TN this fall. I will hire a guide for Melton for sure. Does anyone have any info on Douglas Lake? I found some on the Nolichuky River, which feeds into Douglas, but other info is sparse so far.

Thanks

Muskies are found in the Nolichucky River above Davy Crockett Lake, a small reservoir (with a pretty high dam) south of Greenville TN, and mostly further east than that, namely Erwin TN and upstream into NC.

They're also found in the Clinch and Powell Rivers above Norris Lake.

All these rivers have limited access, shorelines are mostly posted private property, and there are a lot of shoals to deal with if you can get on the water. (Wading is treacherous, particularly on the 'Chuckey) and a lot of folks have drowned. It's easy to step in a crease in the limestone, and getting submerged over one's head with a foot wedged in one of these.

Edited by miket55 8/24/2017 5:27 PM
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 9/2/2017 10:38 AM (#876373 - in reply to #874288)

Thanks guys. I will stick to more days on Melton.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)