Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Any Wide Glide or Wiggley Love here?

Message Subject: Any Wide Glide or Wiggley Love here?
Northern Falls
Posted 7/7/2017 1:13 PM (#868132)
Subject: Any Wide Glide or Wiggley Love here?

I have both these lures and don't use them as much as I thought i should. The Wiggley is fairly new to be fair. Also, the wide glide pretty much needs to be set up on a rod that you're not going to be switching baits because of how it needs to be tied. I was obsessed with the Wiggley when i first saw it years ago. I tried making making my own, but countless hours, $$$ and molds later I gave up....just didnt have the time or effort to perfect it. Slowly waited til he released the retail version. I just haven't used it all that much.

The wide glide definitely has a learning curve to it and I would love to be fishing it like he does in his videos. That things sure GLIDES!!!

Anywho, i don't see much talk at all about these lures on here. Just wondering if anyone fishes them or if they're passed off as gimmicks.....

Whats the thought?
River2Stream
Posted 7/7/2017 1:25 PM (#868135 - in reply to #868132)
Subject: RE: Any Wide Glide or Wiggley Love here?

I've got a few Mr. Whiggleys as of late. They certainly have a unique action and I've seen them move fish but there are a few things I dislike about them. Such as there is only one treble on the whole bait and its lack of flash or vibration in general. For clear water lakes it might be dynamite but for anything with some color it isn't the best. Adding another ball bearing isn't a bad idea either to help it stay on plain and upright
fishdawg
Posted 7/8/2017 6:21 PM (#868244 - in reply to #868132)
Subject: Re: Any Wide Glide or Wiggley Love here?

I really like the Wide Glide, unlike some. It can run well with a fluorocarbon leader. I think the key is that the leader needs to be light to keep the bait horizontal. It glides further than any bait I've used.
Ruddiger
Posted 7/9/2017 8:05 AM (#868299 - in reply to #868132)

Howdy,

I tried the Whiggley and sadly was not impressed. I really wanted to love it but found the plastic to be too stiff to get the same action as Larry does. I think you need a super fast reel to really make it work. I have three packs in the ole dead lure pile.

Take care,

Ruddiger
supertrollr
Posted 7/9/2017 10:35 AM (#868315 - in reply to #868132)

it look like river2 sea miserably fail to reproduce dalbergh lures action.hand made and shop mass produced are two different things.the hand made whiggley and the mass produced one are two different lures.it's sad because they kind of ruined a really good lure creator reputation. but they don't ruined the diver frog at all,it's killer for bass and even pike
Northern Falls
Posted 7/9/2017 12:29 PM (#869322 - in reply to #868315)

Have you guys that had issues with the Wiggley's use the ones that came out right away or the "second batch". I had got them right when he released them and they were a total dud....didn't know what to do or say. Did a little research and saw it was common problem and that they created a "second batch" to fix the problem. These seemed to work much better.

But I agree, these do not seem to run or fish like the wiggley's he uses in all the episodes that he fishes wiggley.

"supertrollr" as for the wide glide, do you think those were not produced well either?
supertrollr
Posted 7/9/2017 4:54 PM (#869341 - in reply to #868132)

no idea,but from review it doesn't sound good.......
Northern Falls
Posted 7/9/2017 9:14 PM (#869384 - in reply to #869341)

supertrollr - 7/9/2017 4:54 PM

no idea,but from review it doesn't sound good.......

Curious if you have a link for reviews. Can't find much of anything on these baits.

Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)