Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Save your net tip.

Message Subject: Save your net tip.
btfish
Posted 5/31/2017 7:40 AM (#863344)
Subject: Save your net tip.

This is not my idea but I thought I would pass this clever idea on.

If you take a can of Grate Stuff (which is expandable foam in a can) and buy about a 4 foot length of hose that fits the connector coming out of the can. You can insert the hose into the handle of your net and fill the handle of your net with foam. So if/when your net goes over board it will float.

I tried it this past weekend (one can filled the 48" handle of 2 nets). I let it cure over night and tested it the next day. Both my Frabil and my Beckman pass the test and the handle stuck straight up out of the water and it cost about $3 for both.

The other thing (which is my idea) that I have done for years is drill (2) holes about a 1/4" in diameter through the end of the handle of the net, and put a small loop of rope like parachute cord through the hole on the end of the handle and tie it to form a loop. Then (for me) I have another section of rope tied to the starboard side of the boat up in-front of my console. This section of rope has a Stainless Steel snap hook, like a carabiner on it. Over time we have adjusted the length of rope to be the correct length. When we get a fish in the net we snap the carabiner onto the loop of rope connected to the handle of the net. The bag of the net hangs over into the water but the handle is secured tight. This allows you to use both hands to work on the fish and you now have no worries of the net going anywhere.

Not sure I could do it without this.

Have a good day and don't forget to wear your lifejacket and turn the boat lights on.

Brad
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)