Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> toothtamer and musky innovation rods

Message Subject: toothtamer and musky innovation rods
muskeeej
Posted 11/18/2013 4:18 PM (#674123)
Subject: toothtamer and musky innovation rods

After fighting cancer for the past year I've ended up selling most of my equipment. Medicine costs were from another world. Now it's time to replace some things. i did receive a get well Tranx. Need a rod for it. I need some opinions on the toothtamer and musky innovations rods. For instance,what is the length of the TT jawbreaker front grip . Any info would be good info because I know nothing about either.
detroithardcore
Posted 11/19/2013 7:10 AM (#674270 - in reply to #674123)
Subject: Re: toothtamer and musky innovation rods

I don't know about the length of foregrip on the Tooth Tamer rods but the butt section is long which I love. I think 17" long in the butt?? I recently just fought some big Tarpon on Tooth Tamer rods and was very impressed. I put some serious heat on 150#++ Tarpon and it handled these fish like a champ. I actually tried to break one on a Tarpon and couldn't. I love St. Croix Legend Rods but have broke two of them and seen a few more break. I had trouble fighting Tarpon on the Legend Rods and wasn't very successful. I had zero control of these fish until I started throwing Tooth Tamer down there. I also like the color of the Tooth Tamer rods. Seems like they don't get that "rod rash" look at all which makes them look brand new after several hundred hours on water. I like that....
crankbait300
Posted 11/19/2013 8:46 AM (#674284 - in reply to #674123)

Hey muskeeej –

Glad to hear you are getting back on the water! Both rods are great. I am running all Tooth Tamers and I love them. There are several different sizes and actions for running different baits in your arsenal. For me, the long handle is critical and once you use one, you will love it. They definitely will stand up to all the fist you will catch! The rods have a fantastic warrantee and are at a good price point. Feel free to stop by a show or a dealer to check out what they have to offer. Size’s range from 7’ to 9’. My go to is the 8’ Jawbreaker (XXXH) and the 8’6 extra heavy however, you need to select based on what you throw.
Let me know where you are located, I would love to get one in your hands so you can try some out and I can try to help get you in touch with someone within your area.
muskeeej
Posted 11/19/2013 6:50 PM (#674408 - in reply to #674123)
Subject: RE: toothtamer and musky innovation rods

Thank you crankbait for your offer and comments. As a matter of fact the "jawbreaker is the rod I'm looking at. We have no retail market for musky equipment in my area."although"we have good ski fish'n and allot of good lures are made close to here. Amma Bama ,Crane, Baker, Legend,Leo, and the list goes on and on. Just no rods to speak of. I have to buy all my rods without handling them first. I had a complete set of loomis musky rods I sold this past year I believe.Bought them new the year before. Several st. croix and many Shimano Reels [yes 3 400te's, 300D ,4 400B's,even an unused luna] Anyhow,my point is if I would have bought a musky innovation Bulldawg rod first. I would have saved a fortune. Loomis and S.C. legend are big bucks so I bought by name. Now because of medical costs I sold every thing at a hugh lost,Excuse me I'm old and got completely off track. I bought a M.I. rod for a guest rod replacement and found I like it more than any of my loomis's or St Croix'. It's the only rod I've ever owned that will throw almost anything Mepps #5 too pounders. I would like to get one in the pro series but here we go back to buying without touching or seeing. I still want a jawbreaker should the front grip be long enough. I need a long grip to use my tranx
esoxone
Posted 11/20/2013 3:00 PM (#674567 - in reply to #674123)

Welcome back home (muskyfirst forum is the home of all musky anglers) Muskeeej !!!
If you need a long grip to use your tranx,Tackle Industries rods could be rigth for you .
They have long grips and there are alot of models and lengths.They are top-notch rods
Take a look at : http://www.tackleindustries.com/muskypikerods.html
James (the owner of Tackle Industries) is a good man and his customer service is great.

esoxone
ErockEsox
Posted 11/22/2013 1:27 PM (#674981 - in reply to #674123)

For what its worth, I just got a TI 9' telescoping rod in the mail Tuesday, used it on Wednesday and I'm already sold on it. I've been using a Fenwick EliteTech 8'6" Big Bait rod and the TI just simply felt better in all ways. Since I was using it for the first time in what was likely to be my last outing this year I threw #*^@ near every bait in the box and I was pleasantly surprised in each one.
Ronix
Posted 11/23/2013 1:27 PM (#675120 - in reply to #674123)

He asked about MI or tooth tamer...not TI
T3clay
Posted 7/26/2017 1:27 PM (#871640 - in reply to #674123)

I absolutly love my MI rods! And obviously they are affordable
figure 8
Posted 7/26/2017 2:09 PM (#871651 - in reply to #871640)

I like the musky innovations rods.. just bought 2 more from a guide in town.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)