Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: ALL OTHER FISH ARE JUST BAIT,
- (Added by: MUSKY HUNTER)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Eastwood 2k auto clear

Message Subject: Eastwood 2k auto clear
Alumacraft89
Posted 5/2/2017 7:46 PM (#860489)
Subject: Eastwood 2k auto clear

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-2k-aerospraytm-high-gloss-matte-...
Has anyone tried this on any lures?
Will it work over water base paints ?
And is it as durable as regular 2k auto clear out of a gun?
Gringo Loco
Posted 5/2/2017 10:47 PM (#860520 - in reply to #860489)
Subject: RE: Eastwood 2k auto clear

Did you notice the pot life? It's 48 hours so you better have a lot of lures to spray because this product isn't going to sit on the shelf for long.
Alumacraft89
Posted 5/3/2017 1:36 AM (#860536 - in reply to #860489)
Subject: Re: Eastwood 2k auto clear

Correct, I seen the pot life.
esox911
Posted 5/6/2017 2:22 PM (#860916 - in reply to #860536)
Subject: Re: Eastwood 2k auto clear

I have used 2K clear spray before--- Yes-- Pot life of the cans is short---So to make it worth the $$$ -- you need to have a Number of lures ready for clear before you begin use..... Fumes are terrible--- You would not want to spray in basement or Garage--the fumes are that strong and will linger--- I did mine outside on a day when there was no wind.. Once I coated them I them moved them into the garage to dry and that worked out fine.... The clear spray is great stuff---- Really Hard and I believe its the same type of clear that is used on many factory painted lures....... On a side note--- I have also used just regular auto paint clear with good results--- I usually put on like 3 coats to get a thicker build up---Let it dry good--Like a week ... WORKS GOOD ALSO--not nearly as bad of fumes and also the clear stays good in the can for a long time--so you can get away just doing a lure at a time if you want.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)