Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Little Saint Germain / Rum river and Mississippi

Message Subject: Little Saint Germain / Rum river and Mississippi
MNFisherman
Posted 4/28/2017 10:46 PM (#860001)
Subject: Little Saint Germain / Rum river and Mississippi

So this summer my family is renting a cabin in east bay of little saint germain. Me and my brother are going to rent a boat but are limited to only fishing east bay, Im new to musky fishing and so far I have read that the west bay is my best bet. Can I still find muskies in the east bay? what structure should I look for? Lures? ( Were going early July). Also I live in the Anoka area of mn and wondering if there's and muskies in the mississippi or rum river near anoka

Edited by MNFisherman 4/29/2017 9:18 AM
FlyPiker
Posted 4/29/2017 10:55 AM (#860023 - in reply to #860001)
Subject: Re: Little Saint Germain / Rum river and Mississippi

As far as the Anoka area. Muskies are in the Mississippi in that area, in very small numbers. There are much better options available within reasonable driving distance. I have never heard of anyone catching skies out of the Rum, not that it couldn't happen or hasn't happened. If I were to fish either water body I'd be fishing smallies and if a Muskie happens to bite, huzzah.
MNFisherman
Posted 4/29/2017 1:03 PM (#860036 - in reply to #860001)

My parents will only drop me off so far away from them, and I'm limited to shore fishing. People say that the muskies come down from Mille Lacs in the rum

Edited by MNFisherman 4/29/2017 1:06 PM
FlyPiker
Posted 4/29/2017 1:23 PM (#860039 - in reply to #860001)

Ah, I see. Then there is no harm in trying. You have a better shot at catching one (some) if you fish it as much as you can than if you wait for one trip a year in better waters. You'll have to put in a lot of time and effort, but when you do catch one there, it'll be worth it. Good luck to you.
MNFisherman
Posted 4/29/2017 1:45 PM (#860044 - in reply to #860001)

Thanks I'll go quite a bit but curious how the fish get through the dams?
FlyPiker
Posted 4/29/2017 8:10 PM (#860085 - in reply to #860001)

In St Cloud they can go right over top of it in high water (like right now). Most also just have a spillway that doesn't spin turbines or anything along those lines for various reasons.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)