Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Muskie inc.

Message Subject: Muskie inc.
Tommis
Posted 4/9/2017 9:03 PM (#856486)
Subject: Muskie inc.

I'm finally able to make it to my local chapter muskie Inc meeting. I'm very excited but am curious what on my end I need to have ready. I'd like to sign up tomorrow night at the meeting too but is that even allowed? Do I need to sign up before I am even allowed into a meeting? Monday night was never good for me until tonight so I'm hoping I can jump right into muskie inc. Any insight will he greatly appreciated guys! Thanks.
MTJ
Posted 4/9/2017 9:32 PM (#856493 - in reply to #856486)
Subject: Re: Muskie inc.

Have fun, be outgoing and make friends. You can sign up online. I've seen guys that go in to their first meetings wondering what MI can do for them and expecting a warm hug come away disappointed. Ask yourself what you can do for MI and make the effort to meet people and socialize and hopefully you'll find that most of the regulars are pretty cool. Respect guys who are there and the work they've done before you got there and they will open up to you in time if not right away. Met a good portion of my friends directly or indirectly through MI and hopefully you have a great experience.
Tommis
Posted 4/9/2017 9:59 PM (#856501 - in reply to #856486)

I am most interested in joining it to see how I can help. I never signed up before due to the fact I would've not been able to go to any meetings. I am mostly interested in helping with stocking muskie. Thank you for the advice and just curious if I should sign up before going. If so, I will make sure to sign up at work tomorrow. It's very exciting for me and I'm glad you could confirm the mindset I should have.

Edited by Tommis 4/9/2017 10:00 PM
happy hooker
Posted 4/10/2017 3:43 AM (#856518 - in reply to #856501)

Jump into things,,don't be shy,, don't wait to be approached,,,you should be greeted but you have to mingle too,,,people get the impression sometimes members aren't friendly enough but that's not accurate,,,members go to meetings once a month and only get a short chance to talk to other members and buddy's that they only see once a month or maybe every couple months,,by the time you hear about the new boat,kids in sports,look at their pictures of fish then you hear "OK everybody take your seats let's get started"
Then you have the meeting and guest speaker where of course there's no talking or socializing,,, then after the talk people hurry home to get ready for work the next day.
It's not that members aren't friendly it's just there's simply isn't enough time once a month,,jump in, attend events, outings special Saturday events that's were you get more time to get acquainted,,plus it's fun.
Should be more time for socializing but so should society how many of your neighbors do you really know well and everybody's on their smartphone surfing.
Jump in.

Edited by happy hooker 4/10/2017 4:01 AM
Tommis
Posted 4/10/2017 7:31 AM (#856523 - in reply to #856486)

Thank you for letting me know! I can fully understand the socializing aspect being tough but it doesn't concern me. I will get to know people with time I'm sure. I can't wait to see what it's all about finally!!
ToddM
Posted 4/10/2017 9:37 AM (#856537 - in reply to #856486)

We have a membership director in our club who writes and renews memberships. If the club meeting does not offer that capability depending on its size and participation, sign up online and declare that chapter as your affilliation. Muskies inc is a great organization, especially at the club level. The clubs are what make it great. Your experience is what you make of it, not what it makes of you.

Edited by ToddM 4/10/2017 9:38 AM
Tommis
Posted 4/10/2017 11:14 AM (#856556 - in reply to #856486)

You're the man Todd! I will sign up now on my lunch. I'm at the zoo for a job but they won't let me pet a tiger... I look forward to seeing what the organization is all about and can't wait to contribute to a sport that has had such an impact on my life.
jdsplasher
Posted 4/10/2017 11:41 AM (#856560 - in reply to #856556)

Don't stress being signed up before you walk in. JUST  walk in like you are a member, and ask for a membership form...your good to go!!!

JD

happy hooker
Posted 4/10/2017 11:47 AM (#856562 - in reply to #856560)

Tommis
A tiger hair bucktail would be unique,,and muskies haven't seen it,,I'd risk it!!!
Tommis
Posted 4/10/2017 1:24 PM (#856572 - in reply to #856486)

I didn't think of that angle! Thank God this was just the survey. I'll bring up the tiger hair bucktail idea when i go back out to install my system hehe. If luck should have it, I'll get to shave a tiger after I pet one lol I did sign up for muskie Inc online though but it was strange how it asked for all kinds of info just to bump me to another link. Don't k ow what happened but I know I paid haha meetings only 5 hrs away!
Tommis
Posted 4/10/2017 8:31 PM (#856631 - in reply to #856486)

Wow, I want to fish Chautauqua now lol the meeting went great. A lot of great fellow minded guys and todd young gave a mini seminar on lake Chautauqua. Learned a ton. Happy camper!!
Espy
Posted 4/10/2017 11:18 PM (#856653 - in reply to #856631)

Tommis - 4/10/2017 8:31 PM

Wow, I want to fish Chautauqua now lol the meeting went great. A lot of great fellow minded guys and todd young gave a mini seminar on lake Chautauqua. Learned a ton. Happy camper!!

Good to hear!

Always a fun time at MI meetings, especially in the winter/spring when fishing isn't always available!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)