Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Photo processing

Message Subject: Photo processing
FlyPiker
Posted 3/27/2017 6:05 PM (#855115)
Subject: Photo processing

Finally got around to printing off some photos of last years catches. Just went to a local retailer out of convenience, but the quality is terrible. Anyone in the NW metro area have a place they recommend for printing good quality photos? I make it up to St Cloud on occasion as well if there are any recommendations there as well. Or, are any of the Internet processors any good (shutterfly, snapfish, etc.)?
Redlineracer12
Posted 3/28/2017 9:24 AM (#855185 - in reply to #855115)
Subject: Re: Photo processing

For large prints I use whcc.com (they're in Eagan, MN but drop ship to you for free over $12), but had to setup a pro account there. I have used Mpix.com for making calendars as well, it seems decent and priced well.
ToddM
Posted 3/28/2017 12:08 PM (#855198 - in reply to #855115)

What did you take the photos with?
Junkman
Posted 3/28/2017 4:34 PM (#855226 - in reply to #855198)

I catch so (really) painfully few fish, I can afford to have really big blow-ups made of nearly all of them. I use an Internet company named PosterBrain and I've been really happy. Sometimes the shading or color isn't just right, and they do it over with no questions or bother. Best of all, as you post the photo to their site, they warn you if it's not going to look good!
FlyPiker
Posted 3/28/2017 5:15 PM (#855227 - in reply to #855198)

ToddM - 3/28/2017 12:08 PM

What did you take the photos with?

Several sources, gopro, cell and my olympus digital. Ive printed photos from the Olympus a few years back that turned out really good, can see the reflection of my first steelhead in the river good... definately the processing. Target switched from a wet lab with chemical processing to essentially a really big home printer... not cool.
FlyPiker
Posted 3/28/2017 5:18 PM (#855228 - in reply to #855115)

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. Ill check them out. If anyone knows of a good brick and mortar store around the nw meteo area id love to hear about it. Im a fan of going to actual businesses, i know, im wierd. Like an 80 year old in a 33 year old body. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to yell at some neighborhood kids to get off my lawn.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)