Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Streaming a channel that has Musky Hunter?

Message Subject: Streaming a channel that has Musky Hunter?
esoxfly
Posted 1/31/2017 12:17 AM (#848118)
Subject: Streaming a channel that has Musky Hunter?

Need some help.  I know there was a "streaming TV" thread a while back, and got me thinking about trying it because I live in a state with no muskies and pike are barely even a consideration so there's zero airtime for Musky Hunter or other muskie shows and no wide array of varioius FSN's and no TFN and no Dish or DirecTV carrier on the island...literally just cable.  We're switching to the Roku/Hulu/Sling thing and I'm trying like hell to find muskie shows.  I've got Keyes online of course but nowhere in all of these channels (Sling/Amazon/Roku/MOTV/WaypointTV) can I find Musky Hunter or Hunt For Big Fish.

Is there anywhere or any carrier that has these shows, or am I stuck buying DVDs?

dbach17
Posted 1/31/2017 10:58 AM (#848150 - in reply to #848118)
Subject: RE: Streaming a channel that has Musky Hunter?

Unfortunately my experience is that you have to buy the episodes online, but at least you don't need to get the DVDs. They are available to download for $2.99 a piece through the Musky Hunter store. As a warning, you will need something that can play the file, which is an .mp4.
Zib
Posted 1/31/2017 11:59 AM (#848159 - in reply to #848118)

Can't help you with the streaming stuff but as for Hunt for Big Fish you aren't missing anything because this season & last season have all been re-runs. This season they are showing stuff that air 10+ years ago & it's not even in wide format. If they are just going to keep running re-runs then they might as well not even bothering airing the show.
muskyroller
Posted 1/31/2017 1:39 PM (#848173 - in reply to #848159)

Zib - 1/31/2017 11:59 AM

Can't help you with the streaming stuff but as for Hunt for Big Fish you aren't missing anything because this season & last season have all been re-runs. This season they are showing stuff that air 10+ years ago & it's not even in wide format. If they are just going to keep running re-runs then they might as well not even bothering airing the show.

You're opinion couldn't be more off base. (And yes, I realize that it's YOUR opinion.)

Here's why MY opinion is right :o) There is a huge segment of the fishing population that is just coming into the sport and learning who Larry Dahlberg is. I know I have NEVER seen these episodes and am loving every second of them. It's awesome footage first of all. Second, it's cool to see the infancy of the "gear boom!" Third, this guy teaches and entertains. Fourth, I'm sure there are other reasons that a rerun of a Hunt for Big Fish isn't the worst thing in the world, but I'm blanking on why.

So, before spouting off "not even bothering airing the show," save it.
Muskie Treats
Posted 1/31/2017 4:25 PM (#848189 - in reply to #848118)
Subject: Re: Streaming a channel that has Musky Hunter?

I was talking with Larry this past weekend and he said that his reruns got the best or second best ratings of all the fishing shows on the network.
25homes
Posted 2/1/2017 12:43 PM (#848303 - in reply to #848189)

Muskie Treats - 1/31/2017 4:25 PM

I was talking with Larry this past weekend and he said that his reruns got the best or second best ratings of all the fishing shows on the network.

I think the right opinion if there is one would be a combo of both. You have to keep new material coming for old subscribers but the reruns are good as well. you never catch everything(no pun intended) first watch...honestly Id probably have to watch 5plus times to catch all info and that prob not enough..you can always pick something else up like when you re watch a movie you pick up new things everytime...So its both IMO you need new material but reviewing old is always a good thing
KentuckyMuskie
Posted 2/1/2017 1:20 PM (#848314 - in reply to #848118)

I have been able to watch some of the MH episodes with a jail broke Firestick
Zib
Posted 2/2/2017 7:49 AM (#848395 - in reply to #848173)

muskyroller - 1/31/2017 2:39 PM
You're opinion couldn't be more off base. (And yes, I realize that it's YOUR opinion.) Here's why MY opinion is right :o) There is a huge segment of the fishing population that is just coming into the sport and learning who Larry Dahlberg is. I know I have NEVER seen these episodes and am loving every second of them. It's awesome footage first of all. Second, it's cool to see the infancy of the "gear boom!" Third, this guy teaches and entertains. Fourth, I'm sure there are other reasons that a rerun of a Hunt for Big Fish isn't the worst thing in the world, but I'm blanking on why. So, before spouting off "not even bothering airing the show," save it.

If you want to watch the old episodes of Hunt for Big Fish then buy the DVD's from Larry's website. The Sportsman's channel shouldn't be marking the episodes as "new". Other networks mark re-runs as "repeat" with an original air date. I had to pay extra to get the Sportsman channel & Hunt for Big Fish was one of the main reason's that I wanted the Sportsman Channel & now I'm stuck paying for shows that I've already seen.

If anyone wants to watch any of Larry's musky episodes just do a search on YouTube because most of the guys he fished with in those episodes have then posted on their YouTube channels.

Edited by Zib 2/2/2017 7:51 AM
Shaffer0913
Posted 2/2/2017 7:13 PM (#848494 - in reply to #848314)

what channel did you find mh on?
Zib
Posted 2/3/2017 8:01 AM (#848548 - in reply to #848494)

Shaffer0913 - 2/2/2017 8:13 PM what channel did you find mh on?

World Fishing Network Saturdays 8:30 A.M. CST

Comcast SportsNet Saturdays 9:30 A.M. CST 

FOX Sports Net Saturdays 8:30 A.M. CST

JakeStCroixSkis
Posted 2/4/2017 11:58 AM (#848657 - in reply to #848173)

muskyroller - 1/31/2017 2:39 PM

Zib - 1/31/2017 11:59 AM

You're opinion couldn't be more off base. (And yes, I realize that it's YOUR opinion.)

Here's why MY opinion is right :o) There is a huge segment of the fishing population that is just coming into the sport and learning who Larry Dahlberg is. I know I have NEVER seen these episodes and am loving every second of them. It's awesome footage first of all. Second, it's cool to see the infancy of the "gear boom!" Third, this guy teaches and entertains. Fourth, I'm sure there are other reasons that a rerun of a Hunt for Big Fish isn't the worst thing in the world, but I'm blanking on why.

So, before spouting off "not even bothering airing the show," save it.

Wow you must really be into this Dahlberg fella....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)