Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> What's going on at In-Fisherman ?

Message Subject: What's going on at In-Fisherman ?
backdraft
Posted 1/20/2017 8:17 AM (#846850)
Subject: What's going on at In-Fisherman ?

I've been trying to order the 2017 Muskie/Pike Guide and 2017 calendar. All the pages and phone numbers listed in the latest magazine are all saying they have discontinued selling merchandise?

Does anybody know where I can get these?

It's a great multi-species magazine - hope nothing has happened.

Backdraft
Chemi
Posted 1/20/2017 9:53 AM (#846873 - in reply to #846850)
Subject: RE: What's going on at In-Fisherman ?

Hmmm... something's going on!

If you go to the in-fisherman website and click on the link to their store you get sent here:

https://store.intermediaoutdoors.com/index.php?brand=all

where it says:

"The Outdoor Sportsman Group Online Merchandise Store is now closed. Thank you for your patronage. We hope you continue to enjoy our great magazines and television programs which are not affected by this closure. Go to http://www.mymagnow.com/ to access more about our brands.

For questions regarding placed orders, please email us at [email protected]. We will be able to assist you on order related questions through January 21st 2017.

Thanks Again! "

Edited by Chemi 1/20/2017 9:54 AM
Zib
Posted 1/20/2017 11:53 AM (#846883 - in reply to #846850)

I received an Email about a month ago stating that the company that handles their sales was going out-of-business & they had a huge mark down sale.
backdraft
Posted 1/20/2017 11:58 AM (#846884 - in reply to #846873)

I called the Editorial Office in Baxter, MN.

No merchandise - back issues, apparel, DVDs, Calendars, the Annual Guides are currently available.

The magazine is still going strong, which is good.

Sounds like they liquidated everything. I imagine stuff will start showing up on the 'dat 'der world wide intra web soon.

Backdraft

BornToFish1
Posted 1/24/2017 8:54 AM (#847322 - in reply to #846850)

This thread caused me to remember a situation a few years ago when I mailed a check for a two year subscription to the old Esox Angler magazine. They cashed my check and promptly went out of business. In-Fisherman may or may not be in the same situation. Either way, I don't need to go there!
Chemi
Posted 1/24/2017 9:19 AM (#847326 - in reply to #846850)

Their website has also recently added a bunch of vids and articles on rod-building, like you see on Mudhole; they actually link to Mudhole in places, like at the bottom of this article:

http://www.in-fisherman.com/custom-rods/the-versatility-of-fishing-with-fuji-reel-seats/

A new way for them to generate revenue, now that their other revenue stream is gone? I don't see any obvious ownership commonality; one is Outdoor Sportsman Group Network, and one is Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)