Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Rosemount MN

Message Subject: Rosemount MN
JakeStCroixSkis
Posted 12/13/2016 12:06 PM (#842916)
Subject: Rosemount MN

Any of you guys live in the area? Metro suburb from what I understand, decent place to hang your coat? Tonka, WBL, Bald eagle and the like are the "go to" options? I may be taking a job and making the half-across-America move..
Propster
Posted 12/13/2016 12:18 PM (#842918 - in reply to #842916)
Subject: Re: Rosemount MN

I live about 25 minutes south of there in Cannon Falls. Only problem with being on the south side of the cities is heading north on Friday nights. It's just a pain to get through the cities.
muskyroller
Posted 12/13/2016 12:24 PM (#842920 - in reply to #842918)

I'm an "East Metro" guy. South is okay...you'd be right in the mix of everything (entertainment, fishing, etc.) Couple M1st guys live down there, Muletrain and Musky45 (buddies of mine).

Good luck on the move, if it happens!
burningdubs
Posted 12/13/2016 12:28 PM (#842921 - in reply to #842918)

it puts you pretty much in the middle of the big areas (tonka and WBL) 40-50 min to get to the popular musky waters. If I had to choose I would choose east/north side vs the the south/west side.
Cloud7
Posted 12/13/2016 12:52 PM (#842925 - in reply to #842916)

Yup,
I'm a Twin Cities guy. I primarily fish White Bear, Bald Eagle, and Minnetonka in the metro, but there's a ton of good water in the area and if you take the time to learn how each body of water works (and they will work differently) you could definitely find some good fish in any quadrant of the metro.

-C7
Pepper
Posted 12/13/2016 1:04 PM (#842928 - in reply to #842916)

Rosemount is a nice little town next to Apple Valley and Egan. Seems to have retained it's small town atmosphere. My daughter has lived there for the last 16 years. Good schools, nice neighborhoods.
nar160
Posted 12/13/2016 1:12 PM (#842929 - in reply to #842916)

If you're working in Rosemount there are a lot of possible living scenarios within a 15-20 minute commute - urban/suburban/rural are all relatively close. Traffic going out of the city in the morning and into the city in the evening are usually not terrible, so you could go for a more centralized location like Bloomington or Richfield without it being a hassle. St. Paul isn't too far away if you'd want a more urban area. I'm not real familiar with the area, but it appears to be mostly rural to the south. Lots of possibilities, and you can probably find at least one area you like. FWIW, I work next door in Burnsville and live on the west side of the city, about 2 miles away from Tonka; ends up being a 30 minute commute most days.
BrianF.
Posted 12/13/2016 1:37 PM (#842932 - in reply to #842916)

I live about 5 mins N of Rosemount in Eagan. It's nice. Mostly a bedroom community of St. Paul. Fishing opportunities are all around...St. Croix River, Mississippi River, Tonka, White Bear, Waconia, etc. If I were to work in Rosemount, I sure wouldn't move across the city in order to be closer to fishing. The commute everyday would drive you nuts. Plenty of great places to live right there in the area. A five minute commute to work everyday trumps a shorter commute to your fishing grounds once or twice a week IMO.
hunterjoe
Posted 12/13/2016 2:03 PM (#842941 - in reply to #842916)

I live just north as well, in the triangle of Rosemount, Eagan and Inver Grove. Nice because most of the waters aren't too far but it's 20 minutes to drop the boat in any water. West, north and east are better than southeast. Gets you closer to the waters. But Rosemount itself is a nice area. St. Croix is really the closest mucky water. 40 min to WB/Tonka/BE without traffic but can be over an hour.
happy hooker
Posted 12/13/2016 2:59 PM (#842951 - in reply to #842941)

Tonka,white bear,bald eagle,waconia,independence,forest,st Croix,city lakes,not to mention the tiger lakes,,thorne bros and two muskies Inc chapters including the original one and a big muskie expo,,plenty of muskie world in all parts of twin cities.
Redlineracer12
Posted 12/14/2016 8:36 AM (#843020 - in reply to #842941)

hunterjoe - 12/13/2016 2:03 PM

I live just north as well, in the triangle of Rosemount, Eagan and Inver Grove. Nice because most of the waters aren't too far but it's 20 minutes to drop the boat in any water. West, north and east are better than southeast. Gets you closer to the waters. But Rosemount itself is a nice area. St. Croix is really the closest mucky water. 40 min to WB/Tonka/BE without traffic but can be over an hour.

+1 I'm in Inver Grove. South East metro is probably the most boring in terms of fishing area but I love the area otherwise. Rosemount is on the outer edge of the suburbs and it's been that way for years. The St Croix is a great multi-species fishery that is nice and close. It's one of the few metro waters that has decent walleyes and crappies IMO, also has potential for trophy muskie, flatheads, sturgeon, etc. Mississippi Pool 2 is a good C&R Walleye resource and people bass fish it too.
hunterjoe
Posted 12/14/2016 9:41 AM (#843024 - in reply to #842916)

Pool 4 for the walleye run isn't too far of a drive from here either if you enjoy that.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)