Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Miltona Minnesota

Message Subject: Lake Miltona Minnesota
moondog
Posted 10/18/2016 7:37 PM (#834035)
Subject: Lake Miltona Minnesota

I have never fished Lake Miltona before. I would like to learn a new lake. I am thinking about going up there to fish it for the first time in the first or second week In November. I am not looking for any hot spots. Just looking for some info on the lake. Like what depth is a good place to find some weeds. and any other info on the lake would be great. thanks

Edited by moondog 10/18/2016 7:47 PM
FlyPiker
Posted 10/19/2016 8:43 AM (#834080 - in reply to #834035)
Subject: Re: Lake Miltona Minnesota

I'm going to play the upset local here:
Well the PMTT is there this coming weekend and is going to shut it off for the rest of the year!

Lol, sorry, couldn't resist. That being said, I am bummed that some good fish are going to get a college education over the weekend. It is a fun lake to fish and learn. Clear water - does make for exciting boat side action though we're past the prime time for that. Weeds typically start around the 6ft mark and go out to 22 in some spots. Seems like the "good" tall weeds we like to fish are in the 10-14 fow range. Lots of rocks and sand everywhere out there too, it is a ciscoe lake. I'm planning on fishing it the weekend of the 12th so long as the wind isn't too violent. If you see a baby-blue Sylvan with a Muskie decal on the side come say hi.
Propster
Posted 10/19/2016 9:18 AM (#834088 - in reply to #834080)

FlyPiker - 10/19/2016 8:43 AM

I'm going to play the upset local here:
Well the PMTT is there this coming weekend and is going to shut it off for the rest of the year!

Lol, sorry, couldn't resist. That being said, I am bummed that some good fish are going to get a college education over the weekend. It is a fun lake to fish and learn. Clear water - does make for exciting boat side action though we're past the prime time for that. Weeds typically start around the 6ft mark and go out to 22 in some spots. Seems like the "good" tall weeds we like to fish are in the 10-14 fow range. Lots of rocks and sand everywhere out there too, it is a ciscoe lake. I'm planning on fishing it the weekend of the 12th so long as the wind isn't too violent. If you see a baby-blue Sylvan with a Muskie decal on the side come say hi.

They still gotta eat. Should have seen the traffic out there over new moon. It gets pressure thoughout the year, and the fish are already "educated". You're thinking only a high school diploma though eh?
FlyPiker
Posted 10/21/2016 1:33 PM (#834301 - in reply to #834035)

Lol yep. I fished it yesterday and had a good follow stick with the bait for a while. Like 5 boats on that spot within 5 minutes. Those boys must have some good binocs.
Cfollow
Posted 10/23/2016 5:01 PM (#834489 - in reply to #834301)

You should have gone to your knees and done extended figure eights with no fish in sight just to have some fun with the boys. Sounds like they taken out back to the wood shed based on the results.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)