Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> First year of Musky Fishing

Message Subject: First year of Musky Fishing
Saul
Posted 10/14/2016 9:24 PM (#833592)
Subject: First year of Musky Fishing

Hey Guys,

I am 21 years old, live in the metro, and this was my first year of musky fishing religiously. I spent a lot of time on the water and learned A LOT, the guys over at Thorne bros were also very helpful with getting me started. They shared plenty of tips and helped me pick out some essential lures and tools.

I ended up getting 5 in the boat, 2 of which were at night. I spent most of my time on Minnetonka, Independence, and Sugar I raised a good amount of fish but never once connected on an 8. I found out in August that night fishing was my best bet for strikes and to avoid the boats! I had to end the season early because of school, hopefully I will get back out once more if I get time to go home.

Anyways, I was wondering how my first season compared to some of yours and if you guys have any tips for me.

Thanks
Reelwise
Posted 10/14/2016 9:46 PM (#833598 - in reply to #833592)
Subject: Re: First year of Musky Fishing

My season was great! A lot of time working towards positive instances during different moments. I completed, conquered, and helped while being helped in or to meet some goals - both personal and while teaming up with others, however, I am still looking forward to the rest of the season and next.

---

You really had a very credible day and you deserve a good time until the next time. Who knows how long these fish will keep you on the water when that time comes again. Night time is definitely a great time to fish, just stay safe and make sure if you are with someone, remind them about a few things we should always remind ourselves about.

'Where is everything at, do we have what we might need, and is it... - ready to go if we need it?'

--

A good friend of mine fishes those waters often. I will share your story with him. I'm sure he would be excited to read it and who knows - maybe you guys will run into each-other sometime.

-

Good luck next time you make it out.

Edited by Reelwise 10/14/2016 9:50 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)