Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Fall Size Lures

Message Subject: Fall Size Lures
ElectricSlide19
Posted 9/7/2016 10:56 PM (#829714)
Subject: Fall Size Lures

Hello all, newbie here to the site and also to Muskie fishing. I'll be headed up to Big V in October with my uncle to hunt down some big ones. Getting a few rubbers to toss and was wondering about the size of the baits. Interested in the shadzilla and the mag shadzilla. Wondering what size you all would choose. Also looking at picking up a medussa. What size would you all recommend in that bait as well? Finally, I know there are a lot of ciscos the muskie will be feeding on at that time. I also know that color is generally the least important, but I want to match the hatch. Would you all recommend the charged Cisco medussa, or the regular colored Cisco? Or does it even matter?? Thanks!
Musky952
Posted 9/8/2016 9:34 AM (#829742 - in reply to #829714)
Subject: Re: Fall Size Lures

I would consider adding a bulldog to that collection as well. As far as color goes I cant help you other than to say its not the biggest deal in the world but you already know that. I have also never fished the Big V but hope to make it out there sometime. Let us know how it goes and I hope someone can help you out more than I.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 9/8/2016 10:34 AM (#829758 - in reply to #829714)
Subject: Re: Fall Size Lures

Typically bigger is better and any cisco pattern will be good. I'd get the Husky Medusa. The monster is good, but it's very heavy and hard to throw long hours. Bulldawgs are also a great choice.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)