Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Lloyd Findling - Hi Fin

Message Subject: Lloyd Findling - Hi Fin
Old Guy
Posted 8/18/2016 3:54 PM (#827756)
Subject: Lloyd Findling - Hi Fin

I just ran across this obit , Lloyd passed away June 19 this year.   Good guy.

Obit here:-

http://www.obittree.com/obituary/us/wisconsin/waukesha/cesarz-charapata--zinnecker/lloyd-findling/2539558/

Clark A
Posted 8/18/2016 11:53 PM (#827811 - in reply to #827756)
Subject: Re: Lloyd Findling - Hi Fin

Sadness! I worked for a tackle shop in the early 80's in Chicago, and I always spent some time with him at the O'Hare Expo show. I loved his lures, at least the top water ones. He got a large fish out of Wabigoon during the early "discovery" days(before internet), as I recall. I caught a few fish on the smaller Fooler, but I had a Lime Green 8-9" model, and I sold it when times were tough. I would pay triple...quadruple for what I sold it for! The Scampertail was a favorite for my Dad, really! He had the patience to reel slow enough to keep a tight line before the boat drifted over the lure. R.I.P. Lloyd, your creations did make a memorable mark for Muskie anglers.
muskydoug1
Posted 8/19/2016 2:17 PM (#827891 - in reply to #827756)

Lloyd was a person who had strong beliefs. He caught onto catch and release at the early stages of his fishing. He always had time to share and would pass hours with you. Sports shows were his favorite time of the year.e also had a way to tune top water creepers not no one else. He will be missed by all who knew him.
DonPursch
Posted 8/19/2016 4:45 PM (#827905 - in reply to #827756)
Subject: RE: Lloyd Findling - Hi Fin

Yes he will be missed
He was a pioneer in the Muskie fishing world and always on the road to say Hi to all the guys and talk Muskies !
dickP
Posted 8/19/2016 8:34 PM (#827919 - in reply to #827756)

Good guy.Always friendly and helpful.Truly an old timer.Gave my wife n I Creepers on Wabigoon in about the 80s and they are still creeping.
fishpoop
Posted 8/22/2016 3:24 PM (#828173 - in reply to #827756)

My sympathies to his family. I loved his creeper lures.
jackpotjohnny48
Posted 8/23/2016 1:25 AM (#828219 - in reply to #827756)
Subject: RE: Lloyd Findling - Hi Fin

I never met him personally, but I can tell you that my dad's all time favorite topwater musky lure was the Hi-Fin Creeper.

He threw that thing religiously on our after dark musky excursions. Whenever we were fishing calm water after dark, there was a 95% chance my dad was throwing a black or green Hi-fin Creeper.

If we were fishing "big fish" water in Canada, he sometimes got nervous after boat side blow ups and would simply flip the bait into the boat when it got about 10 feet away. I'm sure he missed out on a lot of opportunities doing this, but at least it protected his weak heart.

I have so many fond memories fishing with my dad, and hearing the steady dripping faucet of the Hi-Fin Creeper.

I never met Lloyd personally, but his baits were responsible for a lot of good times on the water.

Condolences to the family,

"Jackpot" John Schroeder
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)