Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance w/ Navionic SD Card Issue

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance w/ Navionic SD Card Issue
Esox Madness
Posted 8/1/2016 8:37 AM (#825593)
Subject: Lowrance w/ Navionic SD Card Issue

I need some input here guys. Buddy has older LCX-113HD graph that I know has read Navionic data chips before in the past. Then this weekend when I popped in my Navi. Platinum Plus chip the graph would not read it/won't display any mapping?? Tried both SD slots, soft reset and hard reset with no success. When I go into the Chart Options/Mapping Data/ it seems to recognize that the card is in there, but no mapping pops up? And I know for fact that I've used my chip in his graph in the past and it worked. I pop my chip into a newer HDS unit right next to it and the mapping data comes up just fine, so I know my SD card is good.

Is there something I'm missing here? Did both SD card reader slots go bad, I'd find that odd?
jvlast15
Posted 8/1/2016 9:08 AM (#825599 - in reply to #825593)
Subject: Re: Lowrance w/ Navionic SD Card Issue

I am not sure if this is relevant for your unit or not, but with my elite 7...I was having the same issue and I had forgotten to switch the mapping software from lowrance to navionics on my unit. Make sure yours is set to read navionics instead of lowrance. I believe you go to Menu - Chart and you can switch it from there
Esox Madness
Posted 8/1/2016 9:18 AM (#825601 - in reply to #825593)
Subject: Re: Lowrance w/ Navionic SD Card Issue

Well after a call to Lowrance, here those older LCX units can only handle 2GB data cards. That new Navionic chip is a 8GB ... . NOT compatable

Check Check
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)