Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Three lakes chain

Message Subject: Three lakes chain
Natureboy
Posted 5/13/2016 1:01 PM (#817079)
Subject: Three lakes chain

Going to be headed up to the three lakes chain with the family in July. If anyone can help me shorten the learning curve so I can get on some fish in my limited time I would appreciate it! Thanks!!
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/16/2016 10:34 AM (#817287 - in reply to #817079)
Subject: Re: Three lakes chain

Lots of water to get lost on and way less boat traffic than the ERC. Every lake is different, each with it's own uniqueness to it. Water clarity and color varies lake to lake for the most part, as well. Medicine is deep and very stained - penny copper tannic stain. Big Stone is also very deep, but much better water clarity, albeit ALL of the lakes are stained, some are just more than others. Because of the darker water, weeds don't grow terribly deep, but there are several mid-lake weed beds scattered throughout the chain and often get overlooked - you don't want to miss those.

Generic advice, but I highly recommend getting a hotspots map of the chain, you'll need it just to know where you are, plus it will help you find those mid-lake structures that often have weeds on them. Cast over them and reap the reward(s) while other fisherman cruise past wondering WTH you're doing in the middle of the lake throwing TW.

There are green and red channel markers - drive inside of them, never outside, or risk losing a prop or lower unit. You can make a wake between lakes in most all connections, which is far different than the ERC, but mind the law cruising by other boats, the chain police are always out during the summer.

Last thing I'll over quick is not to overlook the smaller stuff in your tackle box. Smaller bucktails are a sure bet if you're fishing shallow, and so are glide baits. TW when it rains, that's a no brainer, and bigger rubber catches big fish wherever you find bait in the abyss.

Good luck.
tomke17
Posted 5/16/2016 1:09 PM (#817318 - in reply to #817079)
Subject: RE: Three lakes chain

I will be there for the first time in June and know about as much as you. I will let you know what I find. I will be staying on townline lake and plan to venture around that area. Good post Sam!

Tom
Natureboy
Posted 5/21/2016 10:06 AM (#817783 - in reply to #817079)
Subject: Re: Three lakes chain

Thanks for the info Sam and the guys that pm'd me. I will definitely look into getting a map of the chain. Hopefully we can get into a couple muskies with all the kids in the boat. They will lose it! Tom good luck to you and keep me posted on your trip!
Thanks again,
Ricky
tomke17
Posted 7/28/2016 8:39 PM (#825309 - in reply to #817079)
Subject: RE: Three lakes chain

Heading up to the Three Lakes chain this weekend. If anyone has current reports or advice it would be greatly appreciated. I will be staying on Townline lake and won't venture further thank Big Fork lake.

Thanks!!

Tom

Edited by tomke17 7/28/2016 9:05 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)