Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Mercury Smartcraft Gauge

Reply New post
Message Subject: Mercury Smartcraft Gauge
ammoman16
Posted 7/15/2016 11:26 AM (#823758)
Subject: Mercury Smartcraft Gauge

I just had an Optimax put on a Tuffy 1890 and when I got it back the only gauge that works is the Smartcraft gauge. I talked to the place that did the install and he said that I can't have my other gauges hooked up with that because they require 2 different wiring harnesses. I can't believe that's true, but I figured I'd ask here. Am I just being fed a line?
Plunker
Posted 7/16/2016 6:27 AM (#823820 - in reply to #823758)
Subject: Re: Mercury Smartcraft Gauge

He is correct in that it's two entirely different harnesses for analog and smart craft.
cbuf
Posted 7/25/2016 11:52 AM (#824844 - in reply to #823758)
Subject: RE: Mercury Smartcraft Gauge

I had the same problem. I just ordered the smartcraft sender unit. Now I serve up all the guages on my humminbird
btfish
Posted 7/25/2016 6:00 PM (#824918 - in reply to #824844)
Subject: RE: Mercury Smartcraft Gauge

I installed a Merc Ecco Monitor gage on my rig this spring. YES you can have the other gages work but you need to spend extra on harnesses and some things under the cowling on the motor.

When I installed mine I removed the RPM gage and put the Ecco monitor in that spot. I didn't spend the extra money to get my speedometer to function as already that on the Humminbird and the Ecco monitor but I could have by installing a splice on the peto line.

Call the Merc Service tech and they will tell you how to get everything working if you need it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)