Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Seagur Blue Lable - Seagur Premier

Message Subject: Seagur Blue Lable - Seagur Premier
Anthony1123
Posted 7/26/2016 1:45 PM (#825037)
Subject: Seagur Blue Lable - Seagur Premier

Has anyone used both both types of Seagur for leader material and seen a noticeable difference between the two?

I have always used Blue label for fluoro applications and I'm getting ready to restock on materials for some longer trolling leaders.

Hoping some guys have tried both or might be able to chime in with any other recommendations
Putts
Posted 7/30/2016 1:04 AM (#825465 - in reply to #825037)
Subject: Re: Seagur Blue Lable - Seagur Premier

In my opinion the seaguar premier or blue label shouldnt be used for musky. The seaguar big game premier or big game blue label at 100 plus be a good trolling leader but I wouldn't make casting leaders out of it. It is designed for saltwater shock leaders and is very soft, making it easier to tie knots. The 80 lb won't stand up to muskie teeth. I prefer climax fluorocarbon, it is harder and harder to tie, but being an eagle scout I don't have any trouble. The big game seaguar work for trolling though. I found the Lee tauchen knot is the easiest to tie for heavy fluorocarbon.
Anthony1123
Posted 8/1/2016 7:16 AM (#825580 - in reply to #825037)

I've been using the blue label 80lb for years without any problems. I'm wanting to tie up some 130# trolling leaders.

Also, for certain applications I use fluoro casting and have never had any issues.

Not really what I was looking for but thanks for the reply
Anthony1123
Posted 8/1/2016 7:19 AM (#825581 - in reply to #825037)

I found some answers I was looking for mods can delete this if they want
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)