Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance Options (Just Sonar, No GPS)?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance Options (Just Sonar, No GPS)?
Slamr
Posted 7/26/2016 8:36 AM (#824984)
Subject: Lowrance Options (Just Sonar, No GPS)?

After 10 years its looking like it just might be time to upgrade my old X-17 on the dash. I still have a color GPS unit on the dash that works well (knock on wood) right now but the X-17 is acting uber funky and retirement is imminent.

I'd REALLY like to not have to break the bank and even side imaging is not necessary BUT the larger screen is as I don't see so great.

Suggestions?
joeop952
Posted 7/26/2016 9:00 AM (#824988 - in reply to #824984)
Subject: Re: Lowrance Options (Just Sonar, No GPS)?

I run the Lowrance Elite 7X (fishfinder only) back at the console with a separate GPS unit, and a Humminbird 859 up front w/GPS with an Ipilot Link. Both units are great, I do like the slightly larger screen on the 859, but the Lowrance is more than adequate. The newer version of the Elite 7X is the hook and that runs around $399 at Cabelas and the 859 runs around $475 but is on sale at Cabelas now for $429 I believe.
PredLuR
Posted 7/26/2016 5:35 PM (#825069 - in reply to #824984)
Subject: Re: Lowrance Options (Just Sonar, No GPS)?

Thats where Im at. Im running a 37c just for GPS and put an Elite 7x for fishfinder only at the console. Really like the Elite 7 and prices are super cheap. Looking at the Elite 9s for the bigger screen and the internal GPS to replaced the 37c and puck. 9 inch screen with mapping are in the 899 range.

The 7inch Elite cant be beat for under 400 bucks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)