Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> advance planning lotw next year

Message Subject: advance planning lotw next year
td89
Posted 7/31/2016 8:17 PM (#825566)
Subject: advance planning lotw next year

Never too early to start planning. We have been going to the nw angle (youngs bay/flag island) for the last 4 years. We have always had success fishing. This year (musky opening week) we had less success then previous which is ok, but we noticed significantly more boat traffic this year. Thinking to try differnet area next year. What are peoples thoughts on crowds early july between nw angle, big naarows, ash rapids, sasbakong? How would you rate the fishing in each. we usually just do housekeeping for what its worth.
thx
Lundbob
Posted 8/1/2016 8:27 AM (#825591 - in reply to #825566)
Subject: Re: advance planning lotw next year

We stay in the sabaskong bay area and this year i would say there was noticeably less boats than we've seen before. Fishing was a little slower also but that can be for any number of reasons. I have never fished anywhere else on LOW but i would guess most would say the better fishing is in the angle area. But it's all relative...i wish the fishing at my local lake was even close to a bad day in the bay area.
Musky Brian
Posted 8/1/2016 9:35 AM (#825605 - in reply to #825566)
Subject: Re: advance planning lotw next year

I personally really like the time around the 4th, or the first full week after in the Angle. If you can time it right, there seems to be a day when "the fleet" of bigger girls just start showing up and it's a good time to pounce on them. I choose to avoid the circus in what is usually the 3rd week of July, that can have you competing for spots with the MH School/Flatlanders Group/Big Narrows Group on top of whomever else is up there slinging.

There's no right or wrong answer on location. In my opinion, the closer to the center of the lake you can get to the better though.
Lake Of The Woods
Posted 8/2/2016 3:07 AM (#825704 - in reply to #825566)
Subject: RE: advance planning lotw next year

td89 - 7/31/2016 8:17 PM

Never too early to start planning. We have been going to the nw angle (youngs bay/flag island) for the last 4 years. We have always had success fishing. This year (musky opening week) we had less success then previous which is ok, but we noticed significantly more boat traffic this year. Thinking to try differnet area next year. What are peoples thoughts on crowds early july between nw angle, big naarows, ash rapids, sasbakong? How would you rate the fishing in each. we usually just do housekeeping for what its worth.
thx
I lived in the Kenora LOTW area for many years.Email me,not PM,and I will give my opinion.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)