Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cedar Lake Lodge

Message Subject: Cedar Lake Lodge
Cabbage Patch
Posted 5/30/2016 12:09 PM (#818605)
Subject: Cedar Lake Lodge

Heading up to Cedar Lake Lodge in late July. Any words of wisdom for a first timer such as lures, colors or location in that time of year. Will be taking my dad for a 9 day trip. PM would be great. Thank you...
rangerr83
Posted 5/30/2016 1:23 PM (#818615 - in reply to #818605)
Subject: Re: Cedar Lake Lodge

I assume your talking about ontario Canada. We will be at cedar point resort 2 weeks in july, awesome lake my wife's family has been going to cedar lake for many many years but i have gone 2 times only. Topwater wtd baits are pretty much can't go wrong baits up there but i blew many fish on wtd baits lol and sent the baits over my head. Colors not that big of deal but whites seemedto work well. Locations for us we don't really fish deep but finding the cabbage beds in 7-12 ft areas is all you need if u can find deep water close by that helps too..... Are you looking for action or monsters? Small bucktails like musky killers probably put multiple fish everyday in the boat but i go to Canada for 45 plus inch fish so i fish bigger lures, through the years wizzie and his girls put tons of huge fish in the boat and seen a monster fish people wouldn't believe of up there a few times by cedar point, a fish named oscar who is long dead and was seen by many locals up there as well... Pm for more info

Edited by rangerr83 5/30/2016 1:28 PM
esox80
Posted 7/6/2016 8:29 AM (#822816 - in reply to #818605)

Guys I am heading up there mid August. Reports after yopur trip would be very much appreciated. Taking my 75 year old mother and hoping to beat her 44 best. Thanks.
Jeff
rangerr83
Posted 7/6/2016 12:32 PM (#822838 - in reply to #818605)

Will do, i can barely contain my excitement because my boats been in the shop for repairs for about a month now and haven't been out since
Simple Man
Posted 7/6/2016 8:56 PM (#822873 - in reply to #818605)

You should be able to get many updates on Cedar due to the amount of traffic that Lake has seen in last few years. Was there last year and it was like bumper boats. Pretty Lake for sure but too crowded these days for my taste. Won't go back till I know it has slowed down. Just my opinion though. Good luck and hope you do very well.
Booch
Posted 7/6/2016 9:56 PM (#822877 - in reply to #818605)

Cedar Lake? Yea, there'll be a good amount boat traffic so be prepared for a little frustration. Usually a morning race to get down into Hatfield Bay (where the cabbage is), or any other weedy cove. We had good luck on the main lake reefs and inside turns along the main channels (those usually had submerged weeds in the middle), and most other boats seemed to ignore them.

There are muskies in the lake, and big ones. Blaze orange and natural colors worked well for us.

Don't bother heading up to Perrault, unless you like fishing a big bowl. The channel heading up there is a fun little trek, though.
rangerr83
Posted 7/7/2016 12:16 AM (#822883 - in reply to #818605)

There is fish everywhere in the lake never had a problem with boat traffic but we stay at cpr so I mostly fish the east arm and up till the tip of the u in the horseshoe because thats where cpr is, sure there is boats but it's mostly camp boats and not bumper boats by any means, there is cabbage alot of places as well if you have problems with crowds adventure around more plenty of great spots on cedar
esox80
Posted 7/7/2016 9:15 AM (#822910 - in reply to #818605)

Is Cedar Lake on the Lakemaster chips?
Mojo1269
Posted 7/7/2016 12:07 PM (#822938 - in reply to #822910)

esox80 - 7/7/2016 9:15 AM

Is Cedar Lake on the Lakemaster chips?

No, you need the Navionics North or Navioncs Canada. Either works...
swanezy
Posted 7/7/2016 9:48 PM (#822989 - in reply to #818605)

Not sure what booch is talking about. It isn't a race to Hatfield every morning.. I have gone early in the first two weeks the last few years for muskies and Hatfield has some of the best cabbage and it still isn't hit heavily early morning. Although I get up at 430am. As I am on eastern time zone. Perrault is also worth fishing unlike what booch said. Plenty of good cabbage and rocky areas to fish. Lost a monster in Perrault this year as well. Fishing the rest of the trip was slow but that was because of the weather. Every year you go you will end up learning new spots that no one fishes
esox80
Posted 7/8/2016 9:18 AM (#823015 - in reply to #818605)

Sweet boys. appreciate the help. will give y'all a report when I get back. be up there full moon August.
esox80
Posted 8/2/2016 1:14 PM (#825776 - in reply to #818605)

Cabbage Patch: Are you back yet? How did you do? I am heading up in two weeks?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)