Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Turtle Flambeau Flowage

Message Subject: Turtle Flambeau Flowage
Reggie987
Posted 5/31/2016 1:04 PM (#818732)
Subject: Turtle Flambeau Flowage

I'm heading up to the Turtle for a weekend of camping and walleye/pan fishing. Was maybe going to try for muskies in the morning and evenings. Does anyone have any early season Muskie success of the Turtle? Not looking for spots but any baits or tendencies to focus on?? Any info is appreciated and I will report back after the trip!
beerforthemuskygods
Posted 5/31/2016 6:40 PM (#818775 - in reply to #818732)
Subject: Re: Turtle Flambeau Flowage

I've had success on the humps in june. In-line spinners and top-waters. The smallies were also using the humps, so that was a bonus. Good luck, neat body of water.

Edited by beerforthemuskygods 5/31/2016 6:47 PM
ToddM
Posted 5/31/2016 7:11 PM (#818777 - in reply to #818732)

Any weeds, reeds and stumps near deeper water. If you can find reeds with cabbage in front of it fish it. If it's near deep water fish it every day.
BretRobert1
Posted 5/31/2016 9:15 PM (#818796 - in reply to #818777)

Just got back from the Flowage last night. Agree w/ both the previous posters. There's some open water humps worth checking out, and structure adjacent to the river channels is worth fishing. A lot of spots that typically sport cabbage are bare right now, however.

Take some smallie gear. It's football season on the Flowage, and they're super easy to locate and catch.

If you're not familiar with the BOW, I'd recommend driving slow and try staying close to the river channel when traveling any distance.
Flambeauski
Posted 6/2/2016 11:32 AM (#819040 - in reply to #818732)

I like to fish some of the shallow weed flats that will be 1 foot deep or above water a month from now.
Shallow cranks and spinners.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)