Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance HDS gen 3 base map - LOTW

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance HDS gen 3 base map - LOTW
Dirt Esox
Posted 4/27/2016 6:03 PM (#815361)
Subject: Lowrance HDS gen 3 base map - LOTW

I was messing around on my HDS the other day, making sure my old waypoints transferred on to my new electronics, and was looking at LOTW to make sure those waypoints and trails were there. I use a Navionics Platinum 09 map chip, and that's what I've used up on Sabaskong for years. For some reason I decided just to see what the units base map looked like, and I was shocked at the detail for LOTW vs my chip, as well as a showing a reef that I have waypoints on that is not on the 6214 hydrographic map OR on my freshly updated Navionics + app on my iPad. So it's got me thinking instead of buying another chip, that I may run the base map. With that said, I wanted to see if anyone else with a gen 3 has noticed or used the base map up at LOTW to verify what I'm thinking. Thanks.
ADD-Tail
Posted 4/30/2016 2:15 AM (#815621 - in reply to #815361)
Subject: Re: Lowrance HDS gen 3 base map - LOTW

I haven't had the chance to enjoy LOTW yet, but I can say that the base map has impressed me with how much detail it provides on some of the lakes in WI. I also run the navionics chip (premium at the time), and the stock map gave more precise detail to structure as well as "fishing hot spots" which was nice for starting points on new waters.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)