Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Minn Kota DC Charger Install

Reply New post
Message Subject: Minn Kota DC Charger Install
BrianF.
Posted 4/15/2016 10:20 AM (#814198)
Subject: Minn Kota DC Charger Install

I've ordered the Minn Kota DC on board charger, thanks to all the great reviews on this site. Question though...are these difficult to install? Just wondering whether I will need to have a professional do the work or if I can do the install myself.

Brian
BNelson
Posted 4/15/2016 12:30 PM (#814207 - in reply to #814198)
Subject: Re: Minn Kota DC Charger Install

I had my dealer do it, but I don't think it's overly challenging ... best $125 bux I have spent on my rig...you'll love it Brian
moondog
Posted 4/15/2016 2:44 PM (#814217 - in reply to #814198)
Subject: RE: Minn Kota DC Charger Install

I am going to try and install mine this weekend along with the trolling motor you sold me last fall. I will let you know how it go's.

Edited by moondog 4/15/2016 3:17 PM
BrianF.
Posted 4/28/2016 10:12 PM (#815520 - in reply to #814198)

Phew!! The (self)install is now complete..and wasn't easy, at least on my particular boat. Trying to figure out where the purple wire was to be connected really stumped me for a while. I just guessed that one of the hot wires coming out of the ignition switch would do the trick and making the connection there seemed to work. Fuses on all new wires should help prevent the boat from going up in flames if I did something wrong. We'll find out just how good the install was this weekend when it's put to the test with two full days of fishing.
BNelson
Posted 4/29/2016 7:10 AM (#815528 - in reply to #815520)

minn kota should built an on board charger that does the dc and ac charging in 1.. instead of having to buy 2 units.... I put mine in a few yrs ago and it has been unbelievable esp on lakes like LOTW...you'll love it on V Brian...
BrianF.
Posted 4/29/2016 8:54 AM (#815541 - in reply to #814198)

^^^+1

You are right about that Brad. Why isn't this $100 product standard on these high value bass and walleye boats?? All the reviews are very positive about the benefits.

Btw, I understand that 10 mins running time on the big motor is equivalent to 1 hour on an AC charger. With 25 - 30 minute runs common on V, there should be lots of TM power left at the end of the day. Thx for turning me onto this product Brad. Now, I need to figure out how to best rig my front deck rod holder system.

B.

Edited by BrianF. 4/29/2016 8:56 AM
BNelson
Posted 4/29/2016 8:58 AM (#815542 - in reply to #815541)

it's amazing.... I'm never below 50% on LOTW even in big wind w the TM cranked up...come back at the end of the day usually on 3/4 or full
not having the juice you need/want can hinder how and where you fish.. no more with this installed...boggles my mind why they aren't standard as well...
best $125 bux I've put on the boat for sure

Edited by BNelson 4/29/2016 9:04 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)