Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Kicker motor and Talon on a X-190

Frozen New post
Message Subject: Kicker motor and Talon on a X-190
Paul S
Posted 2/6/2016 6:47 AM (#803229)
Subject: Kicker motor and Talon on a X-190

Thinking about how I want to rig up my X-190.

On which side should I put my Talon and kicker?

90%-95% of the time I will not be using a kicker and not even have it on the boat. And the times I am using the kicker, I will not be using the main engine at all since I will be on HP-restricted lakes. I just use the kicker to limp across the lake and then use the TM all day. Obviously, the Talon always stays on.

I have had a dealer and a X-190 owner recommend putting the Talon on the starboard side since it would help balance out the load. Then I could add the kicker for the 1-2 weekend trips a year I take to HP lakes. I have heard the X190 has a tendency to list but I don't know what side it lists to. What do you think? Thanks for any advice.
sworrall
Posted 2/6/2016 7:46 AM (#803238 - in reply to #803229)
Subject: Re: Kicker motor and Talon on a X-190

Do not 'temporarily' mount a kicker on that ride, ever. Far too much potential for damage and loss and you will scar up the transom in the process.

Bolt the kicker to the position designed for it on the starboard side for an X190, and the talon on the port. When you need either, it's a switch away, and mounted properly so no need to be concerned. Your kicker won't be in the way, cause any issues, etc. when not in use and the transom is specifically designed for both.

If you use an additional battery beyond the starting battery in the transom area for anything, mount that starboard as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Frozen New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)