Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Species Warfare

Message Subject: Species Warfare
tundrawalker00
Posted 10/13/2015 5:38 PM (#788443 - in reply to #788435)
Subject: Re: Species Warfare

They do eat some panfish. The last diet study I read was they focus on minnows (unspecified species) up to 30 inches, panfish from 30-36 and larger soft-rayed fish from there. It noted there's lots of variation from lake to lake and lots of fish outside the stated focus species.
That said, I have a funny outdoor writer story to share. I heard about some bluegill overharvest and witnessed guys returning morning and night with bag limits. So I write it up in a column, not including any names, and mention that the DNR needs to be out there ticketing these guys. Monday morning rolls around and this guy comes in and says "That stuff you wrote about me in the paper isn't true. It wasn't me." LMAO. Apparently the guy's buddies told him he was going to be ticketed because of what was in the paper and he just assumed I named names. This was a couple years ago. The group of guys doing this has been harassed and hounded by the DNR since then, but to my knowledge they have not been caught red-handed.
ToddM
Posted 10/13/2015 6:58 PM (#788452 - in reply to #788191)

They are going to stock 7" walleyes in lake Geneva and guys are good guying they are musky food.
jvlast15
Posted 10/14/2015 8:26 AM (#788492 - in reply to #788191)

In SD where I am originally from, we only have about 4 musky lakes I would consider fishable. Two of which are hybrid stocked. You ask most (dont want to lump everyone into this category), but they will tell you if you catch a musky to club it. And if it is over the minimum 40" to mount it on the wall. Seems to happen wherever you go. Any predator that is above "their species" on the food chain is the enemy.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)