Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Wow...she looks just like Babe Winkelmen...holy ^$@#^!!!
- (Added by: KidDerringer)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Spinning flashabou skirts tied on coil springs?

Message Subject: Spinning flashabou skirts tied on coil springs?
Fishboy19
Posted 9/28/2015 10:30 PM (#786460)
Subject: Spinning flashabou skirts tied on coil springs?

What is the secret to stopping the coil flashabou skirts from spinning?  I've had intermittent issues with this for years. Some run perfect, while others are troublesome. Should that rough edge be filed down after cutting? I use all quality components.

Thanks

Fishboy19
Posted 10/1/2015 2:12 PM (#786841 - in reply to #786460)
Subject: RE: Spinning flashabou skirts tied on coil springs?

Maybe I should clarify this. The flashabou skirt spins on the retrieve causing it to come in flat to the body and not flare out like it should. Like I said, it's intermittent but I'd like to eliminate the spinning completely. Thanks
MTJ
Posted 10/1/2015 3:46 PM (#786851 - in reply to #786841)
Subject: RE: Spinning flashabou skirts tied on coil springs?

i'd bet anything that the problem is with your blades not spinning properly to create the vacuum which flares the flashabou. I've always tied on coil and never had a problem like you're describing. there should always be enough pressure on the coil parts to keep them from spinning. most likely your whole bucktail is spinning because the blades aren't working properly, which is probably a clevis problem.

what components are immediately before and after your flashabou coil?

picture of your bucktail might also help.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)