Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> LOTW

Message Subject: LOTW
muskyhunter47
Posted 9/4/2015 10:00 AM (#783165)
Subject: LOTW

There are so many threads on this subject. How do you decide which place to go to? I want great musky fishing. Brother n law wants great walleye fishing . both will are own boats. Brother n law won't travel more than 5 miles on gravel so angle is out. We will bring are own food .but if they have a restaurant so we can grab a quick bite that would be nice.one more thing looking for good docking , protected harbor so if a big wind comes up don't have to worry about the boats getting banged up.with that being said where would you go and why.good fishing? Great owner ?
brmusky
Posted 9/4/2015 10:38 AM (#783182 - in reply to #783165)
Subject: Re: LOTW

I pick spots that are easy to get to, good prices, and are close to where I want to fish. All the other stuff is secondary to me. I don't spend enough time at the resort to care about the owners unless they are marking maps for me - which for the first time or two might be important. Also, having gas available might be a big deal.
The other thing to think about is if they have a reputation as a msuky friendly place or not. The more musky guys in camp - the easier it is to meet musky guys and talk about the fishing, lures, and structure types - it will help you figure out things quicker in your trip.
I haven't found any resorts that I wouldn't dock my boat at yet.
kruse
Posted 9/4/2015 10:51 AM (#783187 - in reply to #783165)

I would go Meline's in Nestor Falls. I have been going up there for the last 5 years and love. Dean is the owner and he will tell you where to go to find fish. No Gravel Roads. Boat landing right next to the resort. Check them out.
www.canadafishingtrips.com
Pointerpride102
Posted 9/4/2015 11:46 AM (#783195 - in reply to #783187)

Mylies Place has what you're looking for.
Musky Brian
Posted 9/4/2015 6:39 PM (#783239 - in reply to #783187)

kruse - 9/4/2015 10:51 AM

I would go Meline's in Nestor Falls. I have been going up there for the last 5 years and love. Dean is the owner and he will tell you where to go to find fish. No Gravel Roads. Boat landing right next to the resort. Check them out.
www.canadafishingtrips.com

He'll also tell you where to find some grass and whiskey...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)