Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Whitefish Bay Area LOTW

Message Subject: Whitefish Bay Area LOTW
joe1977
Posted 10/16/2015 10:48 AM (#788812)
Subject: Whitefish Bay Area LOTW

Hi All,

I was lucky enough to win a week long trip up to Whitefish Bay which I can use any time next year. I'm hoping someone can offer advice on the best time to fish muskies up there. It sounds like the clear water may make it a little tougher during the day so any info on adjacent areas would be helpful as well. I'm leaning towards muskie opener right now, but could be easily persuaded otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
IAJustin
Posted 10/16/2015 11:20 AM (#788815 - in reply to #788812)
Subject: Re: Whitefish Bay Area LOTW

Muskie opener is never a bad choice to me.. early spring or late spring fishing can good ,every year is different just need to adapt.... bring a smallmouth rod too.. if you get flat calm days.. the smallmouth fishing can be unbelievable that time of year.. you can site fish them in 8-15 feet of water! Good way to spend your mid-days when its pretty tough on ultra clear water...

PS.. have not been there for years but there was a very healthy population of 3-6lb largemouth in the back of Snake bay... another good mid-day option that time of year if you are dealt with sunny calm conditions.. Or if you are muskies only I'd try to troll headlocks over the basin on "tough mid-days"... good luck!

Edited by IAJustin 10/16/2015 11:23 AM
Tommy
Posted 10/16/2015 1:01 PM (#788836 - in reply to #788812)
Subject: Re: Whitefish Bay Area LOTW

Tough area of LOTW to fish due to the clear water, and lower population. But I have seen some tanks there. I've heard that the bite is better early in the area, though I have not been there to confirm it. Good number of big pike in the area too you will probably catch.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)