Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Rules of Manhood #1: Any guy who brings a camera to a bachelor party may be legally killed and eaten by his buddies.
- (Added by: Snowcrest 6)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: MCMI Fall Championship...Pewaukee Lake
vegas492
Posted 9/15/2015 1:41 PM (#784600)
Subject: MCMI Fall Championship...Pewaukee Lake

Bite has been picking up nicely lately.... Are you on fish? Wanna fish for cash? Wanna win a BRAND NEW ST. CROIX SLINGBLADE?

If so, The Milwaukee Chapter of Muskies Inc is hosting their Fall Championship Tournanment on Pewaukee Lake on Saturday, September 26, 2015.

Rules: Two man teams max, team scoring. One line per person for casting purposes. One line maximum for live bait in the boat as an extra. Max of 3 lines per boat with one line for live bait. Trolling is prohibited. This is a judge boat event. 34 inch fish get scored.

Payout: 1/3 of all entry fees are kept by the club and will go directly into stocking local lakes. 2/3 of entry fees will be paid out, and the places paid will be determined by the field

Times: Rules meeting will start around 6:30AM at Smokeys Musky Shop on Pewaukee Lake. Fishing hours are from 7:00 to 4:00. Payout will be at Smokey after 4:00.

ST. CROIX SLINGBLADE...every fisherman will receive a raffle ticket for the rod, which was donated by Marty Forman (thanks Junkman!). At the end of the event, the rod will be raffled off.

Registration: Forms are available online at the webiste http://www.milwaukeemuskiesinc.com/ Or there are some flyers up and around. If you can't find one, let me know and I'll get one your way. Walk up contestants are more than welcome.
Lumpy
Posted 9/21/2015 11:37 AM (#785370 - in reply to #784600)
Subject: Re: MCMI Fall Championship...Pewaukee Lake

Looking forward to this one. Should be a lot of fish caught. And, shot at winning a St Croix LT Slingblade...I'm in.
Junkman
Posted 9/21/2015 1:10 PM (#785387 - in reply to #784600)

Totally glad to try to help build event with the Sling Blade. Just want everybody to know this is not a "pro-staff" model with the limited warrantee. It's a brand new retail model ($369.00) and it carries the full factory warrantee. St Croix has allowed me to provide several of these rods for events where a worthy charity or Muskies Inc. chapter gets the benefit. So, half the thanks goes to the folks in Park Falls who make the "Best Rods on Earth!"
MilMuskiesInc
Posted 9/28/2015 9:29 AM (#786284 - in reply to #784600)

Saturday was a beautiful day to be on the water chasing muskies. Nice wind, great clouds...etc. 10 teams showed up to compete for cash while chasing muskies. And in the end? I'd say that the field beat the muskies. 7 fish were registered during the event.
First place went to Craig Ader and Isaac Lakich when they doubled up with a 34.5 and a (fat) 38 inch fish. Congrats to the winners who pocketed a cool $1039.50 in prize money.

Second place went to Brian Mirek and Will Govin when they netted a beautiful 47.5 inch fish! They collected $535.50.

Besides those fish, Jackson Graham caught a 34.5 inch fish. The ice queen herself caught a 37 (Lorie Scherf). Mike Koepp caught a 36 incher. And not only did John Ellis score a 34 inch fish, he also went home with the brand new St. Croix Legend Series Slingblade rod!

I want to give a special thanks to Rick at Smokey's Musky shop for helping host the event. I know that it was an early morning and Rick was there to talk shop about the lake and get suckers into livewells.

Another thank you goes to all the anglers who fished. Thanks to your entry fees, the club raised about $775 that will go directly back into the stocking fund for area lakes.

Photos should be up shortly on our website. www.milwaukeemuskiesinc.com

Lumpy
Posted 9/28/2015 10:18 AM (#786302 - in reply to #786284)

I posted pics of the 47.5" in the Big Fish section.

How do you post pics to threads/forums? I searched, could not find it.
vegas492
Posted 9/28/2015 11:16 AM (#786328 - in reply to #784600)

I got these from Steve's post on the buy/sell...works for me when I follow the directions.

Open the image with Paint. Click the 'resize' option. Set the image to 640 pixels wide, save it to your desktop if you want to keep the original, or simply alter the original by closing Paint and answering the 'do you want to save changes' option with 'yes'.
Lumpy
Posted 9/28/2015 11:27 AM (#786330 - in reply to #784600)
Subject: RE: MCMI Fall Championship...Pewaukee Lake

Nice view of the 47.5

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Tourney 2 gif.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Tourney 2 gif.gif (97KB - 382 downloads)
muskydreamer
Posted 9/28/2015 11:56 AM (#786334 - in reply to #784600)

Hey Junkman, This is Jon Ellis. I ended up winning the rod ! Thanks a lot for donating it ! I am really excited to try it now. I have been using a bulldawg rod with a Shimano Calcutta and this is a huge step up from what i've read and heard from others. I put the Calcutta on it but I'll have to convince the wife to let me buy another reel! lol Nice fish Lumpy !!!
vegas492
Posted 9/28/2015 12:30 PM (#786338 - in reply to #784600)

Muskydreamer: this site has a great buy/sell forum. You find a reel you want, make a post asking for one and I'm sure you will get replies. If you ever want to, let me know when you are around and we can put some of my reels on the rod and see how you like the weight and setup. I have a stash of 6500C4's, Luna's, Revo Toro's, Calcutta TE's and 400B's.... We can match you up with something that you will like. And should you want new, Smokeys down the road would be a great place to look.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)