Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Historic H2O temp reports & turnover

Message Subject: Historic H2O temp reports & turnover
JMacD
Posted 8/10/2015 9:38 AM (#779765)
Subject: Historic H2O temp reports & turnover

Is there any where I can find info on historic water temps and turnover for lakes in Wis? Or maybe I should be asking more general info about typical lake turnover.
I'm assuming the size of the body of water (area & depth) along with air temp are the biggest factors. I'll be fishing Vilas county in Oct & have not selected specific dates yet. Not a big live bait or trolling fan. Any feed back would be appreciated.
Thanks, JMac
jonnysled
Posted 8/10/2015 9:47 AM (#779766 - in reply to #779765)
Subject: Re: Historic H2O temp reports & turnover

all lakes are different ... shallow/dark, mid/semi-clear, deep/clear so depending on where you fish you'll find varying results. all lakes don't turnover at the same time. if you are coming in October you should find a place to fish effectively.
esoxaddict
Posted 8/10/2015 10:19 AM (#779773 - in reply to #779765)
Subject: Re: Historic H2O temp reports & turnover

That ^

One thing to add: We've had much more consistent fishing and weather towards the end of October as opposed to the beginning and middle of October. The first few weeks have typically been warm/cold/warm/cold making it difficult to form any sort of pattern from day to day. Like Jon said - don't worry about turnover. If the lake you're on is mid-flip, it won't be difficult to find a lake nearby that is done or that hasn't started yet, or doesn't really turn at all.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)