Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Talk me into buying a Terrova

Message Subject: Talk me into buying a Terrova
tfootstalker
Posted 7/24/2015 10:54 PM (#777709 - in reply to #777471)
Subject: Re: Talk me into buying a Terrova

Everyone has their preferences, but I just font understand how the maybe 1 second faster response time of cable drive is needed, even for big boat wakes. Glass responds so slow anyway. I can understand how you can drive by feel at night. But like some have mentioned the boat is an extension of feel. I feel my course and the map and know how much/long to turn the motor. It's all muscle memory. I can find the pedal in the dark without looking. Nelson, I like the low profile go button. It allows you to go and roll your foot at the same time as you turn. Maybe I just have small feet.
achotrod
Posted 7/27/2015 11:02 AM (#777976 - in reply to #777471)

I have no issues with the response time but my boat is pretty light. I also have a back light on my remote not sure if the older ones have that. The one thing I cant stand it the advanced Auto pilot. Drove me crazy until I figured out how to turn it off and use the reg AP.
BNelson
Posted 7/27/2015 11:06 AM (#777977 - in reply to #777976)

tfoot, yah I guess we all use it differently but for "pulsers" typically we don't have to change the speed, or very rarely as we have it set high enough in the wind we are in, that I never change the speed...so the low profile momentary button is too narrow for me, esp with boots on in the fall, that I was constantly hitting the left and right arrows..major pain...adding the riser solves it all...
jonnysled
Posted 7/27/2015 11:45 AM (#777982 - in reply to #777709)

tfootstalker - 7/24/2015 10:54 PM

Everyone has their preferences, but I just font understand how the maybe 1 second faster response time of cable drive is needed, even for big boat wakes. Glass responds so slow anyway. I can understand how you can drive by feel at night. But like some have mentioned the boat is an extension of feel. I feel my course and the map and know how much/long to turn the motor. It's all muscle memory. I can find the pedal in the dark without looking. Nelson, I like the low profile go button. It allows you to go and roll your foot at the same time as you turn. Maybe I just have small feet.

go into the rocks and skinny water with a hard wind pushing you and try to get out really fast without a rope stow and deploy and a cable. there are times having it is great, not all of the time but there are times. my electric MG has a rope stow and deploy too which makes it really versatile, just no anchor.
mastical
Posted 7/27/2015 12:05 PM (#777986 - in reply to #777471)

This might be a dumb question but while searching online I found that the auto pilot is listed as optional

I thought they all had this? Most that are listed online don't say if they have AP.

Is their a sku I should be looking for?
Will Schultz
Posted 7/27/2015 12:17 PM (#777989 - in reply to #777471)

Just make sure it's listed as this: Terrova 80 / AP / US2
mastical
Posted 7/27/2015 12:55 PM (#777994 - in reply to #777471)

Thank you sir
achotrod
Posted 7/27/2015 3:18 PM (#778016 - in reply to #777471)

I thought AP was standard but the I pilot link was oprtional? Mine does not have the link but does have I pilot.
TEX
Posted 7/27/2015 6:45 PM (#778043 - in reply to #777471)

Mine is 3 years old and the spot lock really does not work that well any sugestions
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)