Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Nestor Falls or Sioux Narrows

Message Subject: Nestor Falls or Sioux Narrows
MuskyMidget
Posted 7/29/2015 3:47 PM (#778313)
Subject: Nestor Falls or Sioux Narrows

Hey Guys,

I have been fishing LOTW for 15 years now, mostly out of the NW Angle.

I am thinking of taking a second trip this year, but just a quick 4 or 5 day trip. Nestor Falls is less than 6 hours for me and Sioux Narrows not much further.

I don't want to monkey around going to the angle for that quick trip. I've got a 16 foot Crestliner Fish Hawk that has been on LOTW many times. I've gone out of Morson and that's too big of water to risk for me for those few days.

I feel safer going out of Nestor or Sioux Narrows.

What would you guys suggest if you were in my boots?
Musky Brian
Posted 7/29/2015 4:36 PM (#778318 - in reply to #778313)
Subject: RE: Nestor Falls or Sioux Narrows

Nestor if you must....

I really don't think it's the same quality as Morson or the Angle though
MuskyMidget
Posted 7/29/2015 4:47 PM (#778321 - in reply to #778313)
Subject: Re: Nestor Falls or Sioux Narrows

The trip we took to Morson, we boated into Miles Bay and stayed at Rex Tolston Mile's Bay Camp. We fished our tails off all around that area and didn't contact nearly the amount of fish we do in the Angle. Now, maybe it was just a bad week, but we swore we would never go back to that area. I know a lot of people fish that area and say good things, so maybe we just had an off week. We fished everything that looked good, same type of structure we fish in the angle.

Musky Brian
Posted 7/29/2015 6:34 PM (#778335 - in reply to #778321)

I've done ok in Nestor previously, but I really don't care for all that commotion (boats and cabins) in town there. Feels more like Minocqua to me than Canada.

Once you get out there a ways it's fine, but I would never take a trip there over the other parts of the lake, personally

Edited by Musky Brian 7/29/2015 6:35 PM
dougj
Posted 7/29/2015 8:30 PM (#778351 - in reply to #778313)

If you want to experience a totally different part of the lake go to Sioux Narrows. The water is gin clear, and very deep in areas. I feel that's it the most beautiful part of the LOTWs with great cliffs and towering pines. There are some very big fish at times but they can be hard to find and catch (most of the time).There is some pretty big water in areas that will challenge a 16" boat, but most of that can be avoided.
Chances of a great muskie catching fishing trip in Whitefish bay are pretty small, however there's the possibility of a fish of a lifetime. For a chance at several fish I'd go to Nestor Falls. But if you want to see a very different part of the LOTWs I'd give Sioux Narrows a try.

Doug Johnson
Rudedog
Posted 7/30/2015 5:41 AM (#778382 - in reply to #778313)

I'd say go to Morson and head east- like to Sabaskong Bay Resort area. A ton of places to fish there and a ton of fish. I don't think that would be considered too big of water for your boat, would it? I do it with a smaller boat than you mentioned.
MuskyMidget
Posted 7/30/2015 9:15 AM (#778398 - in reply to #778313)

Rudedog - Yes, that makes sense after I did some research last night. This would be a trip with my girlfriend, her first time to Canada. I would like to take her to a resort on an island rather than the mainland. So I could drive to Morson and then boat into Sab Bay Lodge or Split Rock to give her the whole experience.
Rudedog
Posted 7/30/2015 10:00 AM (#778409 - in reply to #778398)

I've stayed at Sab Bay Lodge several times. Good people, good prices, good location.
CrowLakeFreak
Posted 8/2/2015 5:31 PM (#778800 - in reply to #778313)

So many options out of Nestor Falls, if you would consider staying at Muskie Bay Resort. Not only is Crow Lake a fantastic Muskie lake you would also have the ability to access LOTW at four different points. You can reach Sabaskong from town, Stevens Bay from a private launch, Whitefish Bay from another private launch and Sioux Narrows is only 23 mins north if you want to try Regina, Long or any of the areas up there from the public launch. Nice to have so many options all from one place not to mention great fishing right out your door.
Capt bigfish
Posted 8/2/2015 5:46 PM (#778804 - in reply to #778800)

Muskie Bay Resort in Crow lake would be an excellent choice. I always catch nice muskies on Crow Lake. The other options are good for plan B, my experiences have always been positive at MBR. Let me know if I can help out. -duff
2T Critter
Posted 8/3/2015 4:54 PM (#778943 - in reply to #778313)

I was just in Sioux Narrows 7/18-25, nice area too bad the muskie population is virtually non existent. Had to travel 20 minutes west to even see muskies. You'd have a better shot at skis in the Nestor Falls area.
I would agree with some earlier posts fishing Sabaskong Bay. Plenty of places to get out of the wind and plenty of skis to be caught. Calm days you could venture west. My first choice in that area is Mylie's Place.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)