Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> New net

Message Subject: New net
Musky 77
Posted 7/8/2015 6:01 PM (#775442)
Subject: New net

Looking to buy a new net, have a Frabill big game now, which is a great net, only issue is I fish by myself alot, and just looking for something on the lighter side. I need a net with a similar bag, just lighter. Any input would be great! Thanks!
btfish
Posted 7/8/2015 6:16 PM (#775443 - in reply to #775442)
Subject: RE: New net

We were looking for the same thing as my Beckman is a bit heavy and tough to use alone or for my son. But the thing is honestly close to 30 years old and going strong.

We got the Frabil 9530 new off Amazon for $100 shipped. This is the one Bucher uses on TV and it is lighter. It works very well alone and much better for my son. However, we have put a bunch of fish in it already this year and it is already bent up bad and I have repaired the bag too so I am not sure how long it will last. But, it works very well for what we were looking for and I will buy another one when I need to. (But I will never go on a trip without the Beckman along as a back up.)
muskyhunter47
Posted 7/8/2015 6:31 PM (#775445 - in reply to #775443)
Subject: Re: New net

My Beckman is still in good shape but right now I would buy the " Drifter Predator net " fished with a guide last fall who had one nice net. Worth looking at.
Musky Face
Posted 7/8/2015 8:39 PM (#775466 - in reply to #775442)

Get the Robohandle. Alot cheaper than buying a new net, especialiy if the net you have is still good.
Musky 77
Posted 7/9/2015 9:02 PM (#775644 - in reply to #775442)

Thanks for the input!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)