Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Bull Dawg Rod Warranty

Message Subject: Bull Dawg Rod Warranty
Muskers
Posted 7/9/2015 7:56 AM (#775517)
Subject: Bull Dawg Rod Warranty

A few weeks back one of my bull dawg rods broke when it got stuck under a boat cleat and I wanted to see what its warranty was and if anyone will replace it... Long story short no one is able to give me a straight answer. I've called Joes Sporting Goods and even sent Brad a PM but no one has given me a straight response if this falls under warranty or if I need to replace it out of pocket. I loved the rod I had and just was hoping to get it replaced or partially replaced under warranty. Anyone had a rod broken by a boat cleat and have any advice or is it a lost cause?

Rod Info: Bull Dawg Series Musky Innovations, Regular/Jig/Crankbait, 8'6" MH.
I would like to replace it or move to a heavy action.
NathanH
Posted 7/9/2015 10:46 AM (#775546 - in reply to #775517)
Subject: RE: Bull Dawg Rod Warranty

I don't think this should be covered. Just my thoughts.
Ridgeback Hollow
Posted 7/9/2015 11:34 AM (#775555 - in reply to #775517)
Subject: Re: Bull Dawg Rod Warranty

Warranties generally only cover manufacturing failures, not user induced failures.
TheShow
Posted 7/9/2015 12:32 PM (#775570 - in reply to #775555)

I know your question is about BullDawg rods, but for what it's worth I've broke a couple St. Croix's. 5 year warranty. Brought it back, one to St Croix direct in Park Falls, and one to Rollie and Helen's. Both times, no questions asked. Walked in with a broke rod, walked out 2 minutes later with a new one.
Muskers
Posted 7/9/2015 12:32 PM (#775571 - in reply to #775517)

That's why I was asking... Seems I am SOL and will have to purchase something new.
sworrall
Posted 7/9/2015 12:51 PM (#775574 - in reply to #775517)

You broke the rod on a cleat, that's not warranty. If you smash your new car into a sign post, that's obviously not warranty either. Same thing.

Unconditional warranty? Different deal, read the manufacturer's warranty before buying if you expect to slam the rod in a door and call it a 'warranty claim'.

Muskers
Posted 7/9/2015 3:45 PM (#775607 - in reply to #775517)

Steve I posted on here hoping someone knows what the warranty claim is... I didn't know if their warranty covers damage from the buyer. Those were the questions I asked the sales people and they didn't know either.
Mad Musky
Posted 7/9/2015 3:52 PM (#775608 - in reply to #775607)

I could be wrong but I think you need to contact Reaction Strike for Bulldawg Rods. Some quick searching leads to

http://bulldawgrods.com/

Warranty info is at the bottom

Limited Lifetime Warranty & Returns Policy

Your new Bulldawg rod is warranted for a full 5 years. Should it break under any fishing conditions, simply follow these directions in order to obtain a brand new rod!!

Determine the age of the rod. This is done with a proof of purchase. If the rod is less than one year old, return it to:

Bulldawg Rod Warranty
8857 Bash St. Indianapolis, IN

along with $30, and we will send you a brand new rod.

If the rod is more than 1 year old, or if you don't have a proof of purchase, send the rod to:

Bulldawg Rod Warranty
8857 Bash St.
Indianapolis, IN 46256

along with $50, and we will send you a brand new rod.

Please send the complete rod and please do not cut it up into sections.

If the rod was broken in some way other than fishing, the rod can't be sent for warranty.

If you need a container to ship the rod in, a cheap alternative is to visit a carpet store and ask them for a cardboard tube. Most carpet stores throw these away and will give you one for free.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)