Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Headlock and Supernatural - Which Setting?

Message Subject: Headlock and Supernatural - Which Setting?
MuskieJim
Posted 10/27/2014 12:15 PM (#737057)
Subject: Headlock and Supernatural - Which Setting?

I have not owned either of the mentioned cranks but am going to purchase some soon. What setting do you run the bait on most of the time? My theory has always been to use the deepest setting, imparting the most action and pull on the bait (like believers). Even when fishing believers on a short line, I use the deep setting to get the most action out of the bait.

What's your thought on this?
wall i
Posted 5/28/2015 6:07 PM (#770443 - in reply to #737057)
Subject: RE: Headlock and Supernatural - Which Setting?

The shallowest setting will provide the most erratic "walking" action. As you go deeper the action will tighten up. Might seem counter-intuitive at 1st however, you are elongating the lure and reducing water pressure under the shallow setting which promotes more dance action.
A long pendulum swings wider than a short one.
There are no definitive levels of depth achievement between pin settings...line out and trolling speed will be contributing factors.

Truly a well thought out trolling lure.
muskyhunter47
Posted 5/28/2015 6:37 PM (#770447 - in reply to #770443)
Subject: RE: Headlock and Supernatural - Which Setting?

wall i - 5/28/2015 6:07 PM

The shallowest setting will provide the most erratic "walking" action. As you go deeper the action will tighten up.

I've been out with 3 different guides they all ran the shallow settings from 5 feet back to 60 feet back great baits last fall I was out and he had a prototype type it was like 6 or 8 inches long much easier to cast . I'll be buying a few of them when they come out.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)