Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Loud Abu Garcia Record 6601hc

Message Subject: Loud Abu Garcia Record 6601hc
thefrgt10
Posted 6/22/2015 9:51 AM (#773492)
Subject: Loud Abu Garcia Record 6601hc

I am having trouble with the loudness of this reel. It wasn't like it in the beginning but now every time I cast it just screams at me. Everything is working just fine on the reel. I have no issues with performance at all but the thing is just loud. Not sure if it is the line I have on there or if there is something internally that I need to deal with. Hopefully someone here has some sort of idea. Id like to take care of the problem myself without having to take it somewhere.
7.3 dave
Posted 6/22/2015 11:28 AM (#773516 - in reply to #773492)
Subject: Re: Loud Abu Garcia Record 6601hc

got the same thing happening with mine, but mine started that way. not screaming but just a loud reel on the cast ?
Coondog
Posted 6/22/2015 11:52 AM (#773519 - in reply to #773492)

Probably need to oil the spool bearings...I've got a 6501 C3 Abu that I've nicknamed "the screamin demon." Its not hard to do, but I would clean the bearings before you put a good quality oil on them...if you've got access to an ultrasonic cleaner and some simple green it'll clean them up good. Other thing to remember with oil is that more is not better, a drop in each one and you should be good to go. If you run into any other problems, hit Pikemaster up for a full cleaning and service on the reel.
thefrgt10
Posted 6/22/2015 2:36 PM (#773545 - in reply to #773519)

Yeah it is only loud when I cast. No problem with performance at all but I sure do get heckled by whoever is in the boat when I pull that reel out

I'm actually going to try and sell the thing if I can get it to quiet down. I bought a winch and have become pretty smitten with the NaCl. The low profiles fit so much nicer in my hand.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)