Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> fox river/green bay

Message Subject: fox river/green bay
musky2424
Posted 5/17/2015 8:25 AM (#769091)
Subject: fox river/green bay

Since the weather has been warm will the fish be out of the fox by next weekend? If so where will they be?

Edited by musky2424 5/17/2015 8:49 AM
WiscoMusky
Posted 5/17/2015 1:43 PM (#769111 - in reply to #769091)
Subject: Re: fox river/green bay

I think some will still be around. But other tributaries of gb will likely be more productive
bbeaupre
Posted 5/18/2015 9:30 AM (#769205 - in reply to #769091)
Subject: RE: fox river/green bay

deleted

Edited by bbeaupre 5/20/2015 4:18 PM
Paramuskyhunter
Posted 5/18/2015 10:20 AM (#769215 - in reply to #769205)

most of the fish will be out of the river by next weekend. There will still be good fishing in the river but look at university bay or find the weeds on the points the west side and cast to them. There are a lot of fish in that water.
FishFinder87
Posted 5/19/2015 4:43 PM (#769452 - in reply to #769091)

I'll be out there too, and am at a loss where to start.. They were spawning 2-3 weeks ago, so I don't think it's really worth it to fish the river.. That said, I'm only really familiar with little suamico / shark fin for areas to cast.. I've trolled U-bay to Point Sable for walleye but not really sure where to cast in that area. I will be bringing a friend from Madison and we'd like to cast for a few hours and maybe troll mid day. Will they be as far north as Geanos/sharkfin yet or do I need to explore areas new to me? Thanks for any help.
bbeaupre
Posted 5/20/2015 7:10 AM (#769509 - in reply to #769091)

I kinda feel like a dick for posting my last comment, I get confused sometime, ha. Yes they started spawning 2-3 weeks ago, this is true but temps have not changed since then. The neat thing about the bay is it is large and the basin stays cooler. This means unlike most lakes where spawning is short and sweet, on the bay you have waves of spawners. This being said you will still find them in the river. If you are concerned about the big girls being gone start at the mouth and move out in the bay. Many of the fall community spots are great post and prespawn staging areas. I have fished the bay my whole life and have stuck fish in the river on much warmer springs as well as mid summer, some never leave.
black_dawg
Posted 5/20/2015 10:01 AM (#769538 - in reply to #769091)

Fish are in the river all year. Even though Green Bay is a "large" body of water, you could easily fish the river in the morning and fish the bay in the afternoon. Try both. It's been an early, but weird spring. I have a feeling the fish are going to be spread out. Some will be shallow, some on the breaks and others out in deep water. My boat's plan is to stay versatile this weekend.
FishFinder87
Posted 5/20/2015 3:25 PM (#769591 - in reply to #769091)

bbeaupre- I must have missed your first comment.. now I'm curious what you said? lol. I guess I'd rather avoid the river either way as not only will it be full of people, but would prefer not to fish spawning fish.. Heard there were a lot of floaters last year and I don't want to be contributing to that.
bbeaupre
Posted 5/20/2015 4:22 PM (#769599 - in reply to #769091)

There are always floaters there after opener... normally just as many floaters during walleye or "walleye" opener. Spend one weekend there and you will see many examples as to why. Unfortunately the fishing is just too #*^@ good not to fish the cesspool. I will have my bumpers on the boat and an extra road loaded with a hookless pounder just incase someone fishes my spot, ha. Good luck, see you all on the bay! If you see the blue lund with a 115 Yamaha throw me a wave... or a beer.
Propster
Posted 5/26/2015 1:08 AM (#770076 - in reply to #769091)

Several fish caught in the river last few days, including many fish that were very clean, so theoretically pre-spawn yet. Further north the water temps were 53 Sat morning, rising to 63 by evening. We saw a bunch of sitters and several pairs. Spawning just getting going there. Even though spring may have started much earlier than the last couple years, I think they put the brakes on with the recent cold and unstable weather the last few weeks.
Unchained
Posted 5/26/2015 5:29 AM (#770081 - in reply to #769091)

I saw a pair of spawners as well, the female was a pig. There is also about a million carp spawning in the river that would give you a moment of excitement when you sidehooked one.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)