Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Post PMTT Cave Run trip!

Message Subject: Post PMTT Cave Run trip!
benckdb
Posted 4/30/2015 10:07 PM (#767453)
Subject: Post PMTT Cave Run trip!

Decided spur of the moment to head down to the Cave this weekend for the first time for me. Water is still up but looks like it's starting to drop. Got a lot of water to cover over the next couple days. I have been looking over my mapping till my eyes are bugging out and have a few spots picked out to start. Any advice would be much appreciated.
WiscoMusky
Posted 5/1/2015 9:02 PM (#767546 - in reply to #767453)
Subject: Re: Post PMTT Cave Run trip!

I would spend a lot of your time in scotts creek and the duck ponds in the back of them. The flooded timber should be good. Chartruese and white color rat l traps, sledges, gliders and suicks would be what I throw.

Edited by WiscoMusky 5/1/2015 9:04 PM
benckdb
Posted 5/1/2015 9:21 PM (#767548 - in reply to #767453)

Thanks for the advice! Spent a lot of time in Scotts today, next to a lot of others! No movers all day but I will hit it hard tomorrow and see if I can find one hungry!
MuskiesWearBoots
Posted 5/2/2015 8:15 AM (#767571 - in reply to #767548)

I was there the week before tourny. We got (3). Due to rising water, fish were located right where the shore hit the water, which is hard to hit with the water 1/2 way up all of the trees. There is a mudslide on south side of scotts near goose ponds. Hit the dam. Hit the north side of caney - there is a stretch where you can cast to shore. Cast the bay with the house right where the lawn hits the lake. With the water dropping about 5 feet last week, the fish may have moved more to the outside of tree line which would be great. Dive & Rise, and twitch baits were the ticket...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)