Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Fall LOTW

Message Subject: Fall LOTW
musserpro
Posted 4/7/2015 5:59 PM (#763858)
Subject: Fall LOTW

Was thinking of going to lotw for fall trip but I'm not a huge fan of trolling. Any ideas on time frames or bait presentations that work besides trolling. Thanks
dougj
Posted 4/7/2015 6:42 PM (#763864 - in reply to #763858)
Subject: RE: Fall LOTW

I've caught many-many nice fish in the fall casting. It helps some if you hit a warming trend, but there are fish available anytime. My best lures where 10" Suicks and 10" Believers. Bays work good if it's warming, otherwise any classic structure holds fish.

Doug Johnson 

Edited by dougj 4/8/2015 10:47 AM
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 4/13/2015 2:13 PM (#764682 - in reply to #763858)

Have had a few groups of guests do pretty well jigging up big fish on Bondy Baits (and similar styles) the last couple of fall seasons late as well, especially in and around deep water where baitfish is present.
Dan Klis
Posted 4/14/2015 6:27 AM (#764787 - in reply to #764682)

You can cast classic big complexes with large spinnerbaits, cranks, and jerk baits and do pretty well. The trollers will most likely not be hitting depths less than 5 feet and sometimes the fish can be up that shallow. The key is to work you bait on the slow side. I have heard about jigging Bondy style baits on LOTW, but haven't spent much time.
Matt DeVos
Posted 4/14/2015 3:07 PM (#764853 - in reply to #763858)
Subject: Re: Fall LOTW

I've been doing an early Oct trip to LOTW for several years now and we split time evenly between casting and trolling. Casting-wise, we're fishing the same spots we do in the summer, except that the most productive fall spots tend to be tied into deeper, open water areas. Instead of running and gunning with blades, we're using slower moving jerks, cranks and rubber. Generally approaching spots by working deeper, but not necessarily. I've found that our A+ spots are as good (or better) in Oct as they are in July/Aug.
musserpro
Posted 4/14/2015 6:54 PM (#764873 - in reply to #763858)

Yeah. I have a Wisconsin bear tag. So my time frame looks like either first week in sept or third week in Oct
Johnnie
Posted 4/27/2015 8:29 PM (#766910 - in reply to #764873)

Been making fall trips to LOW since 1986. Started casting, then trolling for years, last year 3/4 of the fish we caught jigging Fuzzies. Doubles, back to back, multiple fish off same location, etc. hand to hand combat!!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)