Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Gile Flowage

Message Subject: Gile Flowage
MartinTD
Posted 3/25/2015 7:55 AM (#761337)
Subject: Gile Flowage

I'm planning a trip or two this season to visit Grandma in Ironwood and explore the Gile Flowage while I'm there.

Anyone fish the area much? If not the Gile, any insight on other lakes in the area?

Have you had good success in the spring, summer, or fall out here? From what I've gathered, most sources say stick to the river channel and nearby structure. Blades and topwater would make sense for favorite presentations.

Any general info you're willing to share about the Gile or surrounding lakes is appreciated. Feel free to PM if you prefer not to post. Thanks in advance!
Musky Brian
Posted 3/25/2015 7:01 PM (#761404 - in reply to #761337)
Subject: RE: Gile Flowage

Been out there a few times.....I caught fish in the South End, just started throwing at stuff that looked fishy with no knowledge whatsoever on if it was a good spot or not. Caught fish on Phantoms and 10's and moved some on top raiders....great smallmouth lake too

go slow out there...lot of stuff pops up unmarked
Buliwyf
Posted 4/1/2015 10:49 PM (#762941 - in reply to #761337)
Subject: Re: Gile Flowage

Be careful, Lots of deadheads and rocks in unexpected places, very stained water makes it tough to see anything. The locals say fish shallow and if your not seeing fish, fish shallower.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)