Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Sioux Narrows results

Message Subject: Sioux Narrows results
Musky Glenn
Posted 7/21/2015 1:24 PM (#777174)
Subject: Sioux Narrows results

I just returned from Sioux Narrows and wanted to let you guys know how much help you have been. We raised 19 muskies with in 4 miles of Sioux Narrows, mostly to the west. The hot baits were a custom painted Rainbow Trout Ernie, a Twitch Darter in Char. shad, and a walleye Squirrely Hell Hound. No muskies were raised on big blades. by far the best times were the late evening between 7-9 PM. We caught a lot of Northerns and Small Mouths but didn't manage to put a musky in the boat.
I have always enjoyed helping others catch muskies so I am leaving you with this to help you find at least three different muskies. If you leave S.N. in a westerly direction and come to channel marker EL9, there are some muskies with in a 100 yd radius of this marker. Good luck. They made a fool of me. lol
A lot of boats in general area of S.N. but when we got 3-4 miles away the traffic vanished and we could fish anywhere we chose. We didn't know any hot spots so what looked good to us we could fish. One foot bolders on long sloping banks seemed to be the best locations. Bluff banks didn't hold much for us. Good luck Musky Glenn

Edited by Musky Glenn 7/21/2015 1:34 PM
Tommy
Posted 7/21/2015 2:01 PM (#777186 - in reply to #777174)
Subject: Re: Sioux Narrows results

I just got back from this area as well, staying at Tomahawk. I didn't spend too much time in the clear water for muskies, but in the past, I have moved fish in the north end of Whitefish Bay as well. Twin Island and the surrounding ones have held fish, but I've never managed to catch one over there. I burned a bunch of gas this year when I wanted to chase them and did boat 3 and saw a lot more.

Seems like a great area to fish at night, but not an excursion I want to take with my limited time spent on LOTW.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)